Join now - be part of our community!

RDR-HXD870 stuck in UPDATE mode

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mrsoftee
Visitor

RDR-HXD870 stuck in UPDATE mode

My RDR HXD870 updates about 4 x per day which is normally fine but now it locks in to update which completely freezes the machine .  When this happens the only way to release it is to hold in the power button for 7secs. I have tried a hard reset and a firmware update...both failed to cure it. Any ideas anyone please.

149 REPLIES 149
AlexJolie
Explorer

My RDR-HXD870 had been stuck in update for better part of a day. Trying the hard reset didn't work but changing location to France did - although it no longer shows any EPG information. I too hope this situation is resolved soon

I have the same problem and none of the solutions work for me. My fathers has also stopped working.

Sony need to be providing a proper solution to this problem......

of6513
Explorer

Same problem here.

My HDX870 stopped working properly yesterday : it still had the list of channels, but was not tuning : the screen was black.  EPG guide was almost empty and seemed to 'crash' after a few seconds.

Now is stuck in UPDATE.

I presume, from others similarly affected, there has been a software update which has gone wrong ?

cornishwhippet
Explorer

We have RDR-HXD 790 that this happened to last night - 19 July 2013. All was ok prior to that. Have not been able to use machine since last night as it would not even allow access to the TV channels. Retuned - that didn't work, box just went into Update mode forever! This morning still nothing. Oh dear its broken we thought.

Looked on net today for replacement machine but sad to see no Sony replacement and the others on the market few and far between and mixed reviews. Frustrated. Then hubby found this site and WOW its not broken. Have done as suggested and set to France and there is the title list all full of our titles to watch and we can also view TV through the box again. So a BIG THANK YOU to all on here that made suggestions. Almost bought a new machine.

HOWEVER, as box thinks we are now in France how do we get back the EPG facility that we use all the time?????? Whats Sony doing about this problem and can someone from Sony please email me to let me know what they are doing and why this has suddenly happened - please don't blame the current heatwave as eveyone else seems to be doing that!! Although maybe???........:smileycool:

pebble1234
Explorer

Yep exactly the same ha happened to me - last night (19/7) lost the picture for all channels.  Today, machine stuck in permanent update.  Thanks for the fix of putting location to France!  I really thought the box had reached the end of its natural as my Sony PS3 controller also gave up the ghost last week! 

Sony, please can you get this sorted asap - the pictures are back but naturally have lost my EPG as a result.  Not good.

Kerstlette
Explorer

Yep, same has happened to us too!

Dinmont
Explorer

Have tried this several times but 3 secs after switching off it clicks back into update again automatically
pewrigh38

hold RECORDER power button for 5 seconds if its stuck in update until it switches off, quickly tap the recorder POWER button until it wakes up and says welcome

menu , easy setup , english language , autoscan , FRANCE for location, and scan for channels

it will freeze on the clock for 2 minutes or so, then may try to scan analogue, so exit out

press and hold power button on recorder and turn off

press again to wake it up

freeview channels should work , menus will work, title list will work , dvd playback will work

but no epg for now so any timer recordings will be manual like on an old vcr

hope that helps

stevebrooks1
Explorer

I have a HXD890 stuck in update mode. cannot switch it on or off. unplugged it. taken out aerials. held in stop and power button. Thought about a lump hammer. any ideas anyone.

pewrigh38

errr, read my last post ?

I have copied and pasted it several times on here already (in different threads) hoping thatpeople take notice of it

and the official sony reply is on twitter too (saying their team is looking into it)