Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000MX3 - Headphones turn off when a particular song comes on through Bluetooth on Spotify

profile.country.GB.title
mcomelette
New

WH-1000MX3 - Headphones turn off when a particular song comes on through Bluetooth on Spotify

• WH-1000XM3 version 4.1.1
  • iPhone 8+
  • Spotify

Hi guys

My headphones completely turn off when I play a specific song on Spotify:

https://open.spotify.com/track/1b7LMtXCXGc2EwOIplI35z?si=jGvuBQJER_K0uxo8CbalJg

If this song comes up as next in the queue, the headphones turn off, if this song is the song which the app opens up with, the headphones turn off.

It plays fine on my Laptop/PC. Only through the Spotify app does it turn off.

Does anyone have any idea what could possibly cause this? Could it be some sort of frequency given off when the song plays and the headphones are turned to turn off ?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
kentboy1978
New

I have had exactly the same issue with spotify turning off my headphones. I managed to isolate that as the problem as they were working fine with audible and itunes. However once they are affected by trying to play spotify they simply shutdown straightaway (you get 'headphones on' message, then 'bluetooth connected' and they then shut down) at attempt to turn them on until I do a factory settings reset.

I was browsing the forum to find a solution and came across this message and I have looked at the track that was playing on spotify when the problem started...and it is Steelers Wheel '"Stuck in the middle with you'...but interestingly a different version (ie, not the reservoir dogs soundtrack). So there is clearly something in the specific code of that mp3 which interferes with headphone software

profile.country.GB.title
w8sm8s
New

Has a solution to this issue been found? I am also having this issue but with the song 'You'll be back' From Hamilton by Jonathan Groff. No other song turns my headphone off.