Join now - be part of our community!

KD55AF8 Firmware update to v6.7140 Reboots from Standby

profile.country.GB.title
sukmudha7

KD55AF8 Firmware update to v6.7140 Reboots from Standby

Hi there,

I recently updated to Firmware v6.7140 and now when I switch the TV on from Standby it occasionally reboots.  I have factory reset the TV but the problem is still there.  Is this a known bug? Is there a resolution to this issue?

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi simonherts, you can use the contact us section on the support page.

profile.country.GB.title
sukmudha7

Hello,

Is there any update to this?  My TV has got to the point that I cannot use it without a reboot every so often.  Surprised no one from Sony has addressed this.  

Thanks

profile.country.DE.title
mdx014
Explorer

Hi sukmudha7,

I was finally able to solve this issue for my Sony (XF 9005) with some tips from the internet (not from Sony Support!) May be that will also work for your model.

Step 1:

Network+Internet> Home network setup> IP control> Set "Simple IP" to ON

Step 2:

Restart the TV then back into settings:-

Step 3:

Watching TV> External Inputs> Advanced settings> Set RS232C control to OFF.

Regards
Martin

I don't have Advanced settings as an option? Anybothercsuggestions? My KD55-AF8 reboots every time I switch on, and sometimes quite some time later. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Supersupergt, you might have this in external inputs in the menu not necessarily in watching TV, that also might indicate that you don't have the latest software version.

profile.country.GB.title
sukmudha7

Hello,

Spoke with Sony support who confirmed this is a known issue and the Sony engineers are working on a new firmware.  In the meantime, the support person advised to switch off Brava Sync thus disabling powering on the TV from external sources.

Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey sukmudha7, thank you for sharing this update as it might be helpful for other users.