Join now - be part of our community!

SONY KD-55A1 oled tv has become discoloured

profile.country.GB.title
destroyer8uk
Explorer

SONY KD-55A1 oled tv has become discoloured

Over the last few months my wall mounted SONY KD-55A1 oled tv has become discoloured in the centre of the panel all reds have a purple hue, yellows look green and white areas have a blue hue, but the outer areas around the panel are ok, the size of the affected area is approx. 600mm vertically and 500mm horizontally this area is directly in line with the folded power board.  The colours got even worse when I was requested to do a panel refresh, this tv is out of warranty and when I purchased it over 20 months ago I paid nearly £2000. For the last 30 all my electrical entertainment products have been high end Sony of which I have recommended to family and friends but this purchase though the most expensive is a massive let down.  The thing is what can I do to fix this issue I have tried unplugging and resetting to no avail and the centre of the panel  is extremely hot.  Any advice is most welcome.

23 REPLIES 23
profile.country.GB.title
Olethrion

Hi Pumpkinlove36

Is this what Sony support said - physical damage by a refresh? So you were then able to get the TV replaced under warranty? My TV (KD-65A1) has just developed the same problem, but it is now just out of warranty. I guess I'll have to put up with it - or buy a new TV (It won't be a Sony!)

profile.country.GB.title
adamwalsall
Explorer

Hi. The best option make movies and add to youtube ! Sony company ignoring customer  ! After 5 years my tv oled KD-55AF8 starts burning left corner.  I watched all channels not just 1 ! I check and service my tv with manual instructions.  I spend £2500 for *****. I hope we all together record and add to YouTube.  Stop promoting sony !

profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

profile.country.GB.title
adamwalsall
Explorer

Hi,

First,  before I add my asking here I did all options from manual instruction.  Second,  tv oled cost £2500 ! after 5 yrs started burning pixel  ! IF SOMEONE READ MY POST  - SUGGESTS DON'T BUY SONY ! I used my tv normal,  no channel with bar or mark and starting burning  ! I never buy again Sony ! My tv working daily 6h sometimes less . Sony ignore my problem.  Only suggestion replace screen  !