Join now - be part of our community!

HX400V Error Messages

profile.country.GB.title
SympatheticType
New

HX400V Error Messages

Hi,

I have owned my Sony HX400V since July. I've had no problems with it until today when it has developed 2 issues whilst using it on a boat trip.

Firstly, I have a flashing E:91:01 error. I've tried to reset the camera as advised in another thread, but the error code remains - any other suggestions or is it service / replacement time already?

Secondly, I have started receiving another message which says "This accessory is not supported by the device and cannot be used". However, I have no accessories attached to it - I am only using an original (fully charged) Sony battery and the Sandisk SD card I have always used with it.

I'm at a total loss as to why I'm suddenly receiving these messages. I'm a big Sony fan so I'm disappointed that I'm having so many issues with this device so soon after purchase. It's still taking photos but the error messages are irritating to say the least so any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

This error means that there is abnormality of the flash unit part.  To resolve this issue turn off the power and remove the battery pack, then attach the battery pack and turn on the power again after about one minute. 

With regards the other message you're seeing, I've checked the manual and I'm not sure what would be causing this message to appear.  Perhaps it might be resolved after trying the other fix.

If not, I would recommend getting in touch with the support team here for further assistance.

Let me know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
SympatheticType
New

Hi Sean,

I have tried the battery solution several times (once overnight!) but the error persists.

I will contact Sony support and see what they can recommend.