Join now - be part of our community!

UV FILTERS

profile.country.GB.title
Mike-august-leo

UV FILTERS

I have been using a UV filter on my rx10 mk3 and not very impressed with the results, has anyone else had problems. thank you

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.SE.title
keha76
Explorer

If you don't like it, don't use it. UV filter isn't really needed either.

profile.country.GB.title
Mike-august-leo

didn't need a lecture

profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi @Mike-august-leo,

@Mike-august-leo  wrote:

I have been using a UV filter on my rx10 mk3 and not very impressed with the results, has anyone else had problems. thank you

Well, what did you expect from the filter? With digital cameras the use of a UV filter normally is unnecessary and you won't hardly see any difference to a picture taken of the same subject a minute later without using the filter. Well, to be honest, there might be slight differences but I'm afraid, you cannot expect impressive results.

Here are a few links for you to read because the "UV filter" pros and cons have been and still are widely discussed:

Cheers

darkframe

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen... (© by Kurt Marti)
profile.country.GB.title
Mike-august-leo

i dont have a problem using a UV FILTER on my fuji camera , if it is not much use on a sony why put the thread  

profile.country.DE.title
darkframe
Expert

Hi @Mike-august-leo,

sorry for the late reply.

Well, for digital cameras I'd say that UV filters are unnecessary no matter which camera brand you are using. But that's my opinion, others are of a different opinion (see links above). So what's the thread for? Well, there are so many other filters for different purposes like e. g. a red filter for underwater photography, polarising filters for the reduction of reflections and many more.

Cheers

darkframe

Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte, wo kämen wir hin und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen... (© by Kurt Marti)