Join now - be part of our community!

When will we see the Sony RX 10 V

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Akiteflyer
Explorer

When will we see the Sony RX 10 V

How long do I have to wait before the Sony RX10 V is announced. 

I can't wait to get started.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Akiteflyer
Explorer

They are not likely to produce a Mark 5 without making improvements - say to the lens and/or sensor.

Anyhow I am not going to spend out on the MK4 then it's immediately replaced.

It's overdue and the rumours are strong.

If I don't like the upgrade then I'll buy the MK 4.

I know I am not alone in this.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Unfortunately I currently have no information about any plans to release a Mark V version of the RX10.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
cheddarman

I cannot see why one would need a MkV. What would you want that the MklV doesn't do?

profile.country.GB.title
Akiteflyer
Explorer

They are not likely to produce a Mark 5 without making improvements - say to the lens and/or sensor.

Anyhow I am not going to spend out on the MK4 then it's immediately replaced.

It's overdue and the rumours are strong.

If I don't like the upgrade then I'll buy the MK 4.

I know I am not alone in this.

GlennB76
New

What a ridiculous statement! Improved resolution, sensor and magnification for a start. Have you tried photographing a Kingfisher from over 100 foot away on the iv 😂

DavidHume
New

If you want to do real (by which I mean printable) bird photography, then get a camera that is designed for it.  I have to think there is a limit to what you can shove onto a one inch sensor and that there is a point of diminishing returns in going past a certain magnification factor.  Nonetheless, there has been significant progress in sensor design and signal processing and it would be nice to see that incorporated into an all-in-one that I can carry.

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Haha, when I'm in need of nice bird photos I'll buy those.

A good set of binoculars and a simple Sony HX camera render the same joy.

BTW

A nice RX10 V is a dream to look forward to.

profile.country.GB.title
cheddarman

Yes. 

MJD05550.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
Sussexwolf
Explorer

We all want better resolution, wider and longer zoom range all in a small lightweight package.  I looked at the Nikon P1000 before buying the RX10.  It's got 5 times the zoom range and is great for Birding providing you don't want to enlarge the image too much and simply look at it on the cameras screen.  But it's heavy and at 3000mm equivalent difficult to use. 

A curved sensor has been mooted for the RX10V if it ever comes about.  This would help with lens design by overcoming some of the spherical aberration and possibly allow for a larger sensor.