Join now - be part of our community!

European Guarantee Information Document for VAT back

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
danijones
Visitor

European Guarantee Information Document for VAT back

I recently purchased a new sony laptop.  I'm just filling in the form for the VAT back offer and asks for the European Guarantee Information Document to be sent aswell.  Could anyone tell me what this is and looks like.  I've been through everything that came in the box but I can't find it, can anyone help please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
shri_m
Visitor

Hi Dani - bought a TV earlier and filling in the very form that you refer but had the european guarantee document in the box, which was the warranty that came with the product. I attach the link to the document i found on sony's site (this appears to be the standard form - the serial number under the barcode matches mine). Might be worth checking with the supplier if your laptop was covered by a guarentee or emailing Sony to set this out.

http://support.sony-europe.com/repair/warranty/pdf/eguarantee_info.pdf

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
shri_m
Visitor

Hi Dani - bought a TV earlier and filling in the very form that you refer but had the european guarantee document in the box, which was the warranty that came with the product. I attach the link to the document i found on sony's site (this appears to be the standard form - the serial number under the barcode matches mine). Might be worth checking with the supplier if your laptop was covered by a guarentee or emailing Sony to set this out.

ADZ2K11
Visitor

hi

ive also bought a new sony laptop, but cant find the european guarantee document either

there is 5 forms with the laptop:

- vaio international repair service

- regulations, guarantee and service support

- quick start guide

- me & my vaio

- recovery, backup and troubleshooting guide

nothing else??

can anyone help?

adz

kathturner
New

I've just purchased a Sony DSLR A580 camera body and have the same problem - no European Guarantee Information Document. I've contacted the supplier asking if they will send me one so I can claim the VAT back as they advertised it was being sold with  VAT back claim.  I can't understand why it was not included in the box as I've received one with Sony lenses that I've previously bought.

KT

safcooper
Visitor

I have the same issue. My Vaio netbook didn't come with one either, but the small print on the VAT back form does say "(where supplied with your product)" in parts 4 and 14, so I think maybe some products just don't have them. My netbook box came sealed with a Sony sticker so I don't believe that the retailer removed it.

sweetdoc
Visitor

Hi

Accroding to this link

http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/pages/sony-vat-back/2238/

if you scroll down to pint 14:

14. Your original printed sales receipt and European Guarantee Information Document (where supplied with your product) will be returned to you and if you have requested that your Cashback be paid by cheque then your cheque will accompany these documents.

so if such a document was not supplied thenno need to send it, the receipt will act as one.

If in doubt call this number : 01379 649 499 they will confirm this.

You can print the European Gurantee Information Document from this link:

Best wishes

gnamst
Visitor

I also have the same problem after buying a VAIO laptop recently online. I haven't received the so-called European Guarantee Information Document along with the laptop. When contacted the seller, they advised me to register the product with SONY (which I did rightaway) and then would receive the said document from SONY.

While waiting for the same, I think it would be worth a try what sweetdoc has commented about it and hope we all receive our VAT back.

Good luck!

Anisah
Visitor

Hi

i wanted to confirm about the european document

as you had mentioned that you didnt need it if not supplied with the product

however on the VAT return form it had said to tick everything  - like the reciept and the guarantee too.

HELP PLZ

im so confused.