Join now - be part of our community!

HT-ZF9 audio drops when using eARC (using with BraviaTV KD-65XH9096)

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Kuba80

HT-ZF9 audio drops when using eARC (using with BraviaTV KD-65XH9096)

Hi all,

Im suffering from this issue for quite a while and I can see I’m not alone. Unfortunately Sony does not seem to bother, although we have spent a lot of moneys and trusted their brand...

When I am watching TV and using eARC audio randomly drops out on my HT-ZF9 (does not matter if its Netflix, Amazon Prime or HBO, or my sattelite TV - via decoder)

Sony support first told me that this issue is known and it will be fixed via software update, and after the warranty has expired they are telling me its a hardware issue with my soundbar.

Going through forums I see tons of people suffering from audio drop outs when using eARC on Sony equipment!  The only way to fix it for me it to stop playback and resume it again. 

Recently Sony has advised me to disconnect both devices from power for 2 mins and perform factory reset and re-enable eARC - which I did. It did not resolve the issue.

Issue occurred on 2 TVs:

-KD55X8509C (had only ARC, so I though ok might be it) so Ive changed my TV to:

-KD65XH9096 (with eARC support)

OFC I have the latest firmware installed on both TV and my Soundbar.

Settings: eARC on soundbar, eARC - auto on TV, HDMI format - Enhanced Dolby Vision (Soundbar has Dolby Vision passthrough), I also tried on Enhanced only (same issue).

Dolby Digital Plus on.

Digital Audio Output - Auto 1.

Turning off eARC on Soundbar or switching HDMI format to Standard fixes the issue but that’s not the point.

I’m using certified HDMI 2.1 cable (0.5m) with 48GBps bandwidth (but it has also occured on another cable).

Any ideas?

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Afriel08, if you tried all the steps (factory reset, power cycle, etc) try contacting LG support first, if they eliminated the issue consider sending it for a repair.