Join now - be part of our community!

Soundbar HT-MT500

profile.country.EE.title
TheChiefTrout

Soundbar HT-MT500

After some advice if possible.

Bought a HT-MT500 soundbar. Connected to an LG tv, LG43UH620V.

At the start it worked fine, sounds sync’d with tv etc. Am now having a few issues:

a. Soundbar no longer turns on automatically with tv

b. Takes an absolute age to turn on - message “Please Wait” keeps appearing for up to 5 minutes then soundbar turns itself off with message “Auto Standby” showing

c. If soundbar does finally turn itself on the sound does not match with tv

Appreciate any advice someone might be able to give.

Thanks

43 REPLIES 43
profile.country.GB.title
dblanc42

tried the suggestions from Sony, with no luck...

Looks like I am going to have to take it back to a sony center 😞

Let us know how you get on.

profile.country.EE.title
TheChiefTrout

Had this from a direct query to Sony - will try this weekend and if no good then soundbar will be back in box for return / refund!:

"Thank you for contacting Sony support in regards to your Sony HT-MT500 soundbar.

We are sorry to learn that the soundbar doesn't turn on with the TV, it takes a long time to turn on, sound is out of sync and that you're unable to get its menu up on the television. We aim to resolve this as quick as possible.

Please try the below steps:

1) Unplug the soundbar from the mains, leave it unplugged for one minute, then plug it back in again.

2) Try a different HDMI cable, it is possible that the cable is faulty.

3) Make sure that the soundbar is connected to the HDMI/ARC port on the television.

4) If at this point you are able to bring up the soundbar's menu on the television, perform a software update: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/home-theater-sound-bars-home-theater-systems/ht-mt500/dow...

5) Additionally, you can also perform a Factory Reset:
- Press on the 'Home' button to bring up the 'Home' menu.
- Go to 'Setup'.
- Select 'Resetting'.
- Select 'Reset to Factory Default Settings'.

6) Try changing the audio settings on your television to 'PCM' eliminate any out of sync sound.

If the issue persists after trying the above, please visit the following link to locate the nearest Sony authorized service center to you:
https://locator.sony/en_GB/servicecenters

Visit the following link to read about your warranty:
http://services.sony.co.uk/support/en/warranty

Thank you for your inquiry, If you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this e-mail.

Yours Sincerely,
Sherif

SONY SUPPORT TEAM
http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en

profile.country.GB.title
s76v6qn321
Explorer

Mine is exactly the same, have tried everything, did u find a fix?

profile.country.GB.title
s76v6qn321
Explorer

I’m getting exactly the same, no menu, have tried everything 

profile.country.EE.title
TheChiefTrout

Is your soundbar still under warranty?

I packed mine up and returned it to the shop where I bought it from (Currys PC World).  They arranged for it to be sent for repair.  When I dropped it off they said to allow up to 28 days, after 30 days I had not heard from them and was unable to track the repair though the online KnowHow link so sent a "tweet" to their customer service.

This is a summary of their replies, along with a thousand apologies:

"I have been in contact with the repair agent handling your repair. They have advised that they are awaiting parts for the appliance and expect these within 5 working days."

"I understand your frustration and apologise for the delay. As the repair has now exceeded 28 days you are entitled to a replacement and therefore I would advise you to visit the store with your docket and proof of purchase to arrange this. My apologies for the inconvenience caused."

The actual store was about as much use as chicken wire for holding back flood water! As there was no new replacement in the store I got a full refund and am now looking for another Soundbar.  Seems like the HT-MT500 may be discontinued as there are very very few to be bought!  A shame as the length of the bar was ideal for my needs.

I recommend that you return it to the store from where you bought it.

profile.country.GB.title
s76v6qn321
Explorer

Hi, I’ve just packed mine up and took it back to curry’s, we’ll see how long mine takes

profile.country.GB.title
dblanc42

Same story here. Ended up having to take it into a Sony repair centre  1hour away 🙁

The better part of it though , is that they did manage to fix it, it required a new PCB /motherboard. 

Repair took 5 days and I paid £15 for them to return it, as I could not get to the Sony centre week days only, 9 to 5...not great service to be honest. 

I am happy it is now fixed, and working as well as before... Let's hope it lasts... 

profile.country.GB.title
dblanc42

Well, the repair did not last long... Same symptoms are back. 6 months after the repair.

Will contact Sony directly and if no luck, John Lewis for a discussion on what to do next. 

So disappointed, as I really like the setup 😔

profile.country.EE.title
TheChiefTrout

Same the repair did not last.

After my experiance I went for an LG - SJ7 2.1 Wireless Sound Bar - it was so simple to set up, great sound, size exactly what I was after. Haven't had any problems at all with it 🙂

profile.country.GB.title
s76v6qn321
Explorer

Hi I gave up with mine and got a different model

Sent from my iPhone