NWA-55 player keeps stopping.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
ononye
Explorer

NWA-55 player keeps stopping.

Hi there, 

Hope you are well. 

I purchased the Sony NWA-55 from he Sony Store in Sydney, Australia in July 2022 and it was perfect. 

However, recently the player keeps stopping after a few seconds, I initially thought that the buttons were being accidentally touched and made sure that the hold button was on, bit it didn't help and sometimes when I put the hold button on, it also stops. 

I have reformatted and initialized the player, updated the firmware (it came with 2018, whrn the last update was 2019,but I had assumed it was up to date) and none of these have made much of a difference, the player still stops for no reason. 

If anyone can offer any advice, would be most grateful. 

Thanks kindly. 

Ike 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

Hey @ononye 

Unfortunately, you might need to the nearest service centre to you.

If you're currently in the UK, here's the locator link: https://locator.sony/en_GB/servicecenters

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

Hey @ononye 

Unfortunately, you might need to the nearest service centre to you.

If you're currently in the UK, here's the locator link: https://locator.sony/en_GB/servicecenters

profile.country.GB.title
ononye
Explorer

Hi there, just to give an update. I sent it to the Sony Service Centre in Cardiff and a fault was identified, however, as the unit was bought in Australia, I was told that my warranty wouldn't be valid, so they quoted me just shy of £200 to fix it. I asked for the item to be sent back to me and contacted a friend in Australia to contact Sony for me, they offered to fix it as long as I was happy to cover the cost of posting it thete, so for £18, including insurance, I sent it over to my mate and he received free postage from their authorised dealer to send it to them. They have now come back and did that they hadn't been able to replicate the issue and have sent it back to him. I then sent them an email with a full explanation and I attached a copy of the listed faults from Sony UK, but the person in their customer services repeated that it had been returned as they couldn't replicate the fault. So, I have asked if I've my friend receives it, can he please send it back for them to check again and this time, I have asked them to follow a specific set of things to do, especially given that it had been off and unused for over a month, after which, it will seem okay, then the issues will start again.

I am a bit shocked that even with the breakdown from Sony Central Service UK that I sent, they didn't offer off their own back to look at the item again, but let's see what happens next. It is all very disheartening. I have been a long time Sony customer, practically four decades, so this is quite a surprise.