Join now - be part of our community!

Android 4.0 for Sony Tablet

profile.country.en_GB.title
StartTheCar
Contributor

Android 4.0 for Sony Tablet

Sony Tablet™ is evolving, and we'd like to keep you informed with the latest updates.

Today we're happy to confirm that an update to Android 4.0 will be available for Sony Tablet. Details including timing will be announced in due course, so please stay tuned.

Just recently we released the Software Development Kit for Sony Tablet P.  For more information on this and future updates please visit us at Sony Tablet Evolution.

Best regards
Lee

36 REPLIES 36
leon2112
Visitor

So to confirm...

The Tablet S (which ships with 3.x) will be upgradable to Android 4.0?

Any time frame for this?

Thanks,

Leon

StartTheCar
Contributor

Hi Leon

Thats correct, time frame to follow soon.

Lee

profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

That is certainly good news, but what about the recent update for PS3 controller support

ReluctantNewbie
Visitor

Oh dear :slight_frown: ! I'm just getting used to this whole android thing and so far I like it.
In all seriousness though I'm sure those who know about thehse things know what is best. i hope i dont have too much re learning to do.

smellyonion
New

thats great news, still waiting on the december update for the uk, its a week overdue now.

in regards to just getting used to android, it is more of a evolution and the jump from 3.x to 4.x isnt that big, its more of a jump from 2.x which is on phones.

once you know android, its abit like windows, you will know exactly how to use it. people who have only used windows 95 can use windows 7 no problem same is true with android.

mpattenden
New

See my other post and update the december update is out :slight_smile:

Rgrds

Padster

profile.country.GB.title
amillionbytes
New

Awesome news Lee :slight_smile:

mark3233
Visitor

Will the Tablet P also be updated to Android 4.0?

Eddie86
Visitor

Will ICS fix some of the issues people are mentioning on the forums? WiFi dropout, battery life, Sony apps being able to play data straight off the SD card etc?