Join now - be part of our community!

Any integration between Sony products

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
nitronite
Visitor

Any integration between Sony products

Hello everyone, this is my first post here. My Dad has a Sony Vaio laptop and has just bought himself a Sony Tablet S and is now thinking of updating his Nokia with a Sony Xperia Arc S, however he is still undecided. He believes that these three products will have great integration between them (syncing of Sony accounts, contact detail etc.) because they are all made by Sony, however I am skeptic. My question is do Sony products have any sort of integration/syncing between the?

Thank you in advance everyone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

The thing is going to be a bit of a yes and no answer.

Since the Tablet and the Xperia will use Android, they both sync with a google account which between them both, can sync over wifi at set intervals so those would both always be up to date with each other. My Samsung and Tablet sync together with all my email contacts but things like phone numbers do not. So in that sense, the intergration is there.

Now I do not have the Xperia Arc C of my own but I have an app on my phone that lets me access shared content like music and video stored on my laptop and can also share to the Tablet (providing it supports the same file format) but the downside is that there would be no automatic way to sync your contacts with your laptop directly but there must be some desktop Gmal application.

You could subsitute the Tablet for a Galaxy Tab, the phone for another android one and the Vaio for another brand laptop and the answer would be the same. The key here is not the Sony brand which makes this intergration possible but the Android sync option and also DLNA (Digital Liviing Network Alliance) sharing between laptops and devices. The Xperia Arc S is actually a really nice phone. Feels pretty good to use.

Hope that makes sense.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

The thing is going to be a bit of a yes and no answer.

Since the Tablet and the Xperia will use Android, they both sync with a google account which between them both, can sync over wifi at set intervals so those would both always be up to date with each other. My Samsung and Tablet sync together with all my email contacts but things like phone numbers do not. So in that sense, the intergration is there.

Now I do not have the Xperia Arc C of my own but I have an app on my phone that lets me access shared content like music and video stored on my laptop and can also share to the Tablet (providing it supports the same file format) but the downside is that there would be no automatic way to sync your contacts with your laptop directly but there must be some desktop Gmal application.

You could subsitute the Tablet for a Galaxy Tab, the phone for another android one and the Vaio for another brand laptop and the answer would be the same. The key here is not the Sony brand which makes this intergration possible but the Android sync option and also DLNA (Digital Liviing Network Alliance) sharing between laptops and devices. The Xperia Arc S is actually a really nice phone. Feels pretty good to use.

Hope that makes sense.