Join now - be part of our community!

Anyone been able to find out if their Xperia Tablet S needs replaced?

profile.country.en_GB.title
skimpychimpy
Visitor

Anyone been able to find out if their Xperia Tablet S needs replaced?

Hi,

I just tried putting in my serial number and product ID number into the checker on the Support site:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SGPT121GB_S/news/Xperia_S_series_notice2

But all the page does is refresh when I click Submit. Has anyone had any luck with finiding out if theirs needs replaced? My bezel at the back is definitely bent out of shape (beside the dock cover) but just want to check if it is going to be covered by the program.

Cheers,

Tim

60 REPLIES 60
profile.country.GB.title
AnnoyedWithSonyUK

Be careful. I purchased via John Lewis thinking I would get better service, but all the "Technical Helpline" did was to refer me to the Sony website and their customer support. I still fail to see what advantage buying from John Lewis was. You still have a Sony product that (it would appear) Sony supports.

paulell45
Explorer

I think Amazon are a better bet. They have a no quiblle 30 day return policy free if the item is faulty, and often free if it's not. Hopefully any issues wiith a Sony Tablet would become apparent during that time.

As I've said Sony Cuatomer Support's main role seems to be a blocking one with a focus on saving the company as much money as possible. It's a pitty because the Xperia Tablet could be really good if only they'd take supporting it seriously. The way the P Tablet had disappeared of the radar shows that even limited support evaporates when the device is no longer on the marker. Hardly an attitude likely to encourage buyers.

I think with Sony if a product works it's great. If there's a problem users can expect the worst possible support from repairs, refunds or replacement perspectives. Luckily by other Sony kit has not failed.

profile.country.nl_NL.title
Zerokewl

Over at xda forums some one posted images bassicly around corners tablet ain't closed off properly.

If your tablet is making creaking noises from holding it then its quite posibly that your tablet needs to be returned i'm guessing.

Other then that can see it at bottom left right corner that tablet ain't closed off

profile.country.nl_NL.title
Zerokewl

Why would you need to pay ?

Don't you have warranty ?

skimpychimpy
Visitor

A cracked screen is accidental damage and is not covered by a warrenty. The bend in the chassis is covered by warrenty but not the crack.

Sony are a complete shambles.

tramman77
Visitor

I noticed the exact same thing last night. Unfortunately I have been too busy today to contact them however I will be on the phone first thing Monday.

PlymouthFlyer
New

Same trouble here however managed to bend it back in.

Also had my device sent back for the waterproofing. Fixed ofcourse but wasn't happy with the build quality of it. The silver plate that the volume rocker and poswer button sit on are loose.

skimpychimpy
Visitor

The saga continues.

After having had my tablet back for just over a month the same issue has re-appeared - the bending on the chassis near the dock connector. On top of that, someone at my work had dropped the tablet and cracked the screen. Sony initially quote €165 JUST for shipping and diagnostics. Thankfully I managed to get it returned FOC due to the bend int he chassis.

However, it just starts to get laughable.

After hearning nothing from them I called today and was told they needed my phone number so they could contact me. So they repair center just called and politly told me that to repair the screen it will cost the grand sum of €375. Thats right, €375 which is MORE than I paid for the ******* device in the first place!

So, it is getting returned to me with a cracked screen! So the moral is...don't crack your screen as Sony are a bunch of inept rip-off merchants. This will be the last Sony device I ever buy, thank god I didn't hold out for the Xperia Z.

Message was edited by: skimpychimpy

Message was edited by: -Soup-

Edit for language

ling142
Visitor

Anyone else actually happy with the repairs or has anyone actually had a new replacement unit as the repairs seem to be short term solutions?

skimpychimpy
Visitor

I have sent mine back twice and had an absolute nightmare both times but this time they seem to have actually fixed the problem...if only the same could be said for the cracked screen!