Join now - be part of our community!

ebooks purchased using sony e-reader to sony tablet

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
sholive
Visitor

ebooks purchased using sony e-reader to sony tablet

I have a sony e-reader and have purchsed a number of epub books.  can i transfer them to a new sony tablet?

Message was edited by: Thalamus.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.CH.title
knight_lancelot
New

dear sholive

If you use the same Reader registration iD on the tablet. I don't see any problem in implementing the ebooks on it.

I don't have ebooks bought on the Sony Reader Store, but I bought some ebooks (epub-Format) from booksamillion and put them on my Xperia Arc phone and at the same time on my Sony Tablet - the difference is that I don't read them on the preinstalled Reader from Sony (as the registration isn't possible yet in my country).

I am using Adliko reader (free available on Android Market) and all I need to do there is authorize Adliko with my personal Adobe iD.

It is very likely that the ebooks will also be compatible on the sony tablet as the ebooks on the "sony reader store are provided in the industry standard EPUB format"

also read this:

http://ebooks.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/202/kw/adobe%20digital/r_id/166#other

and if the Reader doesn't read your ebooks - theres a instruction how to still read them with the Adliko reader.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.CH.title
knight_lancelot
New

dear sholive

If you use the same Reader registration iD on the tablet. I don't see any problem in implementing the ebooks on it.

I don't have ebooks bought on the Sony Reader Store, but I bought some ebooks (epub-Format) from booksamillion and put them on my Xperia Arc phone and at the same time on my Sony Tablet - the difference is that I don't read them on the preinstalled Reader from Sony (as the registration isn't possible yet in my country).

I am using Adliko reader (free available on Android Market) and all I need to do there is authorize Adliko with my personal Adobe iD.

It is very likely that the ebooks will also be compatible on the sony tablet as the ebooks on the "sony reader store are provided in the industry standard EPUB format"

also read this:

http://ebooks.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/202/kw/adobe%20digital/r_id/166#other

and if the Reader doesn't read your ebooks - theres a instruction how to still read them with the Adliko reader.

profile.country.en_GB.title
davidleonard
Visitor

Brilliant. Thanks for this. I was very happy with my Sony PRS-505 but part of the attraction of the Tablet was not having to carry all these devices around with me. I was starting to get a bit frustrated at not being able to register the Reader on the Tablet for DRM with Adobe but your suggestion worked a treat. From first inspection, Aldiko also looks a better app but it's a pity it doesn't seem to read from the external SD. Never mind. Small point: there's a typo in your post - search on Apps Market for Aldiko (not Adliko). Thanks again.