Join now - be part of our community!

External SD card

SOLVED
profile.country.es_ES.title
Teatimeoclock
Visitor

External SD card

Hello,

I'd like to know how the whole Tablet S memory system works.

It seems like an external SD-card cannot be used as "main memory" device, it is only a seconday "mass memory" storage and no application can use it for working purposes (it is not even selectable for accesing data).

Even specialized applications like "File Managers" cannot see the card storage!!

Could anybody shed some light into this topic?

Is this situation going to change on some future Android version?

Thank you very much.

Pedro

El mensaje fue editado por: Teatimeoclock

El mensaje fue editado por: Teatimeoclock

Tags (3)
16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.fr_BE.title
bennybuche
New

I have a 32Gb SDHC card too and I "moved" some apps to it (all apps can't be moved) with a free app called Android Assistant. For now, I didn't mention any problem...

profile.country.en_GB.title
mpattenden
New

Benny,

What apps have you been able to move?

Regards

Padster

damian12321
Visitor

Hello , I have just bought the 32gb version of the sony tablet and want to put a 32gb card into the expansion  slot. I have put an old 2gb  sd card into it and have  transfed files across , but file expert  and ES file  explorer wont see the card  .so presumably a new sdhc card will be ok?

diddy64
Visitor

It is really gettting on my nerves now. The Sony is a great tablet but what the hell were they thinking of when they designed it. This issue is becoming a nightmare and on xda forum people are desperate to sort this out( me being one of them). If Sony read these boards then please please give us an update so we may use the external sd for mass storage otherwise I will have to consider my position on keeping this otherwise wonderfull device.

provost485
Visitor

Thanks Bennybuche, you have answered the question I was going to ask. I will try your suggestion.

provost485
Visitor

Have now tried it and FE works great and the tip about sd2 was very helpful to a novice. My thanks once again.

profile.country.fr_BE.title
bennybuche
New

You are welcome :slight_smile: