Join now - be part of our community!

front camera

profile.country.en_GB.title
aga2k3
Visitor

front camera

does anyone else find that the front camera unless in perfect daylight is very dark makes skype unusable for video calls is there any way to resolve this?

4 REPLIES 4
aga2k3
Visitor

i found an app on the play store called "front camera for night" which is really good for low light shots even works well in the dark unfortunately it only works in the app so cannot be used for skype etc come on Sony please sort this out this proves the hardware is up to it

1st pic taken at night indoors with default camera app

IMG_20120710_230140.jpg

2nd pic a couple min later with the "front camera at night app"

FCFN_0710_0002.jpg

Message was edited by: aga2k3

dkersley
Visitor

I agree, I think the front camera is pretty useless unless in really good light . I havent found a good app so thanks for the info

profile.country.it_IT.title
0ikiki0
Visitor

no solutions!:smileyangry:

profile.country.ru_RU.title
drdani111
Visitor

I am a Sony fan and using some of their products like PS3, Xperia Arc and Ray, a DSLT Alpha 55 and ofcourse Tlblet S. I have to say that I am a little disappointed (except for the design as Sony always works well over it) about Xperia phones as they are very sluggish and especially about the Tablet S (I have WiFi only supported with 16G.B internal memory).

I agree with you and furthermore;

1) I'm facing a problem after my update to 4.0.3 that during Skype calling when I turn my camera on for video calling, it shows image upside down ( both front and back cameras). The only position to get it right is to hold my Tablet S with the right side up, as one holds a mobile phone phone. Before the update it was o.k.

2) The microphone is toooooo noisy, infact no one can understand you what so ever you talk.

3) The head-set port does not support the head-set of any kind even the original Sony ones (whereas beside the port it shows that it is capable of connecting a stereo pin with a microphone, the usual one). I wasn't able to send any voice through it ever. The solution to this issue I found for myself is that I use a headphone (half way inserted) instead of hands free and native mic which is very painful and a kind of very hard to hear on the other end but it solves the problem at my end as it makes clearer to me to hear the other end.