Join now - be part of our community!

Media Go video encoding for Sony Tablet S

profile.country.en_GB.title
BarnabyStrawson
Explorer

Media Go video encoding for Sony Tablet S

Hi,

I've encountered an odd problem. I've recently updated my computer from Windows XP to Windows 7. While I was running Win XP, Media Go happily transferred 300Mb videos to my Sony Tablet S encoding and upscaling them to suit the tablet. The final file size was usually around a gig.

Since upgrading to Win 7 and reinstalling all the software, Media Go no longer upscales the videos, in fact it reduces the size to that for a phone (to about 120Mb).

Has anyone had a similar problem? Do I need to install a codec pack so I can change the file transfer preferences to something that will suit the tablet? I'm not sure if I'm missing something since upgrading to Win 7.

Thanks for your help.

Barney.

2 REPLIES 2
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

I know when I installed Media Go, it displayed some message about a video codec update which I ignored, I will go back and revisit it and see what it was about. Will update you when I have had a chance.

BarnabyStrawson
Explorer

Thanks Watashiwateshdes.

I know I installed the Media Go Video Playback Engine when I installed Media Go, but that's with the current issue. I'll uninstall the playback engine and see if that helps.

Thank you again for your help.

Barney.