Join now - be part of our community!

Mobile View Disable

profile.country.en_GB.title
Johnspain
Visitor

Mobile View Disable

Hi

I have disabled mobie view in the browser using about:debug with no problems. but it will not hold the setting after switching off and re booting. Is ther a solution please?

Thanks

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
heavygoods
Visitor

Not that I'm aware of - I found the same issue as I'd prefer to use in desktop mode by default.  However, like you say, it keeps defaulting back to android tablet as its client mode.

There is one solution - download Dolphin Browser HD.  That can be kept in desktop mode all the time.  However I don't find it quite as fast as the stock browser with the improvements that sony have made.

To be honest, I now use the stock browser as default as I find 99% of websites work fine, with any in mobile mode usually having an option to change.  However, with those sites I need to use that don't work as well I simply have them bookmarked in Dolphin so I can go straight to them (such as gmail full site to be able to accept meeting requests).

Hope that helps...

Johnspain
Visitor

Thanks for the reply, yes I find the default browser works well a bit like chrome. This is the firt time I have had an android device, so I am checking everything I do, and not making basic mistakes. Will try the other browser.

regards