Join now - be part of our community!

New to the tablet world, please help!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
tommysmith1980
Visitor

New to the tablet world, please help!

hi all

I'm new to world of tablets and have read and lernt so much so far, my biggest thing now is what extras do I need and whats best? ie memory card, usb things, any other cables etc.

Also the best apps or downloads for music, film, game (anything I need for ps3 stuff).

I know this is very vauge, but any help or advice at this point is a massive help, im very new.

Thanks poeple of the sony tablet world.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Hi, welcome to the Sony Forum.

With Android, well there are a wide variety of applications available so my best bet is have a look at the editors recommendations, top grossing apps via the Marketplace app itself. Also have a search online got "Top Android apps" etc. A lot of apps have "lite" versions which you can try first so I would say get stuck in.

As for accessories, well I would say grab yourself atleast one SD card so you can move and backup stuff to it. Third party applications such as Mobo Player can play movies straight off the SD card as the native applications cannot.

I would say, get yourself Doodle God and all of the Angry Bird games for your Tablet. Lot of fun. As for cables, well I have not bothered on those just yet. I do need to get myself a proper case first.

The great thing with Android, once you have mastered one device, the rest are really similar so you should have no problems in enjoying other devices also.

Have fun!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Hi, welcome to the Sony Forum.

With Android, well there are a wide variety of applications available so my best bet is have a look at the editors recommendations, top grossing apps via the Marketplace app itself. Also have a search online got "Top Android apps" etc. A lot of apps have "lite" versions which you can try first so I would say get stuck in.

As for accessories, well I would say grab yourself atleast one SD card so you can move and backup stuff to it. Third party applications such as Mobo Player can play movies straight off the SD card as the native applications cannot.

I would say, get yourself Doodle God and all of the Angry Bird games for your Tablet. Lot of fun. As for cables, well I have not bothered on those just yet. I do need to get myself a proper case first.

The great thing with Android, once you have mastered one device, the rest are really similar so you should have no problems in enjoying other devices also.

Have fun!

tommysmith1980
Visitor

thanks for your quick response, am loving it so far and will look at what youve sugested, anything else you think of please keep us in mind, thanks.

tommysmith1980
Visitor

one more thing, theres lots of versions of mobo, do you know which one is right.

Thanks.

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

This is the version I use.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.clov4r.android.nil&feature=search_result

Works great on all my Android devices.

As for additional apps, have a look through this topic.

https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/695108#695108

profile.country.CH.title
knight_lancelot
New

Dear tommysmith1980

Welcome to the world of Tablets :slight_smile:

About Memory Cards -> The Tablet supports SD Cards.

If you want to buy SD Cards please check wich Class it is.

The higher the class, the higher the datatransfer-rate.

I for example bought myself a Sony SD with 32GB with class 10 (class 10 Supports transfer-rates up to 22MB/s which i think is one of the fastest on the market)

sf32nx.jpg

I had a 16GB SD Card Class 2 and 4 and when I transferred loads of data - it really cost me time.

If you have only small Data like low to mid quality pictures Class 4 is alright, but when it comes to vacation videos or whole photoalbums I think it wouldn't hurt to get yourself a faster SD card.

About the Games:

Try "Galaxy on Fire 2" a really nice HD quality game!

And N.O.V.A. 2 HD is also a recommendable game, as it is one of the first Games on Sony Tablet that uses the Gyrometer sensor.

have fun!