Join now - be part of our community!

No escape from the swirly screen of death...

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
amillionbytes
New

No escape from the swirly screen of death...

ARGH!

Just synced a load of music to the tablet (about 8GB) and, apart from the update today of the Music Player, that's all that I've done.

Now, however, the tablet stays on the swirly graphics... forever.  The unlock screen flashes up, and then we go back to swirls.  Then the unlock screen, then swirls.  So I suppose it's reseting over and over and over again...

I used the reset button (http://support.sony-europe.com/tablet/manuals/content.aspx??site=odw_en_GB&topic=tablet_start_003&m=...) to get it to restart, but obviously can't get further than the Factory Reset options to reset the tablet in its entirety.

/me weeps uncontrollably

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
amillionbytes
New

OK so I contacted (very nice helpful) Sony Support, and they walked me through a Factory Reset using the Android recovery console.  Which (she kept saying over and over) wiped ALL data and ALL apps from the device, so, in case you didn't get that the first time, it wiped ALL data and ALL apps from the device.

(It stayed at 3.2).

After that was done, the device was fine, and didn't reset.

I had suspected the device was reseting as it started a Database Refresh for Media Player: that was the only notification to come up.  As it was, the tablet now doesn't reset, so I'm happy :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
amillionbytes
New

OK so I contacted (very nice helpful) Sony Support, and they walked me through a Factory Reset using the Android recovery console.  Which (she kept saying over and over) wiped ALL data and ALL apps from the device, so, in case you didn't get that the first time, it wiped ALL data and ALL apps from the device.

(It stayed at 3.2).

After that was done, the device was fine, and didn't reset.

I had suspected the device was reseting as it started a Database Refresh for Media Player: that was the only notification to come up.  As it was, the tablet now doesn't reset, so I'm happy :slight_smile: