Join now - be part of our community!

PEN e 3G

SOLVED
profile.country.pt_PT.title
JJ2012
Explorer

PEN e 3G

First:
How can I connect a PEN to the USB port (host/client support) of the Tablet, to copy files from one place to another?

Second:
Can I also connect a PEN 3G to the USB port? How?
I have all the cables and physical connections to these actions, only I can't run and execute them.

I also have a SD card 36GB on the Tablet

Thanks for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
mpattenden
New

To use a usb drive you need to ensure the cable you have is an OTG(on the go) type - the official Sony one isn't out in the uk so I got this one. It's my last post in this thread

https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/thread/136403?tstart=60

To copy the files or move them a lot of us use the File Manager HD app.

Re: the 3G benny is right it is not supported so won't work - only the peripherals he mentioned.

hth

Padster

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.fr_BE.title
bennybuche
New

If I understand well (as English is not my mothertongue), you'd like to plug a usb memory on your STS. I can answer "Yes" to that question: I did it with my mobile (Nokia N8) phone cable. You just need to know that the usb device must be FAT32 formatted; our STS (or more precisely, Android) doesn't recognize NTFS.

I think (I'm quite sure in fact) that the STS's usb port is only intended for memory devices or input device (usb keyboard, mouse or touchpad). I don't know if it's in the Sony's plans to offer the possibility to connect a 3G usb device in the future... Maybe with Ice Cream Sandwich (?)

mpattenden
New

To use a usb drive you need to ensure the cable you have is an OTG(on the go) type - the official Sony one isn't out in the uk so I got this one. It's my last post in this thread

https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/thread/136403?tstart=60

To copy the files or move them a lot of us use the File Manager HD app.

Re: the 3G benny is right it is not supported so won't work - only the peripherals he mentioned.

hth

Padster

JJ2012
Explorer

I have the cable, I have the PEN as FAT32, I have the application and you still can't (or don't know) access to PEN.

bennybuche
New

In order to "see" (and access) the files stored on your usb device, you should use a file manager (as File MAnager HD on Android Market) and browse the /SDCARD2 directory 😉

bennybuche
New

Sorry for the double message...

Ce message a été modifié par: bennybuche

Ce message a été modifié par: bennybuche

JJ2012
Explorer

the /sdcard2 is my SD card 32GB rather than my USB-PEN connected with the cable to the USB port of the Tablet

mpattenden
New

If you are using the file manager hd app I mentioned then when you move up directories you will see the sdcard folders as you mention and you should also see usbdisk folders as well - I've just checked on mine and all is as expected and described.

If it still doesn't show my suggestion would be try a different usb stick, if that doesn't show try another cable as I mentioned I'm sure you need an OTG cable not just a normal mini to full usb.

hth

Padster

JJ2012
Explorer

Now everything is OK. Using the cable supplied by SONY I can read the PEN and the camera.