Join now - be part of our community!

Problem with Next.co.uk website

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
TrevDood
Visitor

Problem with Next.co.uk website

Hi there, I have come accross a problem using the "next" website.  I can browse the site just fine, but it wont allow me to add anything to the shopping basket.  If i choose an item and hit "add to basket" it will sometimes  ask me what to do with the GIF image, ie save it, view it, or set as wallpaper.  Other times it will come up straight after stating there are no items in your basket.  I have  used debug mode and tried desktop, android, desktop etc but the problem persists.  Same issue using Dolphin browser.  Annoyingly if I use the NEXT site on my HTC android phone or my wifes iPad it all works fine.

My tablet is fully up to date.

This has me completely stumped.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TrevDood
Visitor

not sure what caused the issue to begin with, but i performed a full system reset and this seems to have cured the problem.  thanks for everyones suggestions though.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
smellyonion
New

huh, just tried it and It works absolutely fine, you must have been on the mobile versions, go to the full html version.

smellyonion
New

even the mobile version works fine. are you holding your finger down on the touch screen, it shouldnt say anything about saving if you jusy tap it.

Sony_agent
Visitor

no problem  at all my tablet.

My version now is 3.2.1

TrevDood
Visitor

Hi thanks for looking for me, I have tried both mobile and HTML versions of the site and they both display the same problem.

TrevDood
Visitor

Hi thanks for checking the site for me, what appears to happen is when I try to add an item to my basket, wether it be clothes or an electrical item for example, it forwards straight to my basket without adding the item, and simply tells me I have no items in my basket.  I have tried various online retailers such as pcworld, marks and Spencer, amazon to name a few, they work as expected, it just seems to be the next website.

smellyonion
New

have you tried it with other products? as with me it seems to work fine with random products I have tried and since you have tried a different a different browser I am very how it could be the tanlet , I would suggest putting the exact url here so that we can try what you are looking at. also you do have cookies enabled right?

TrevDood
Visitor

Hi there, yes I have cookies enabled.  It is the next website as a whole not just a specific product or item, so posting an url wouldnt help.  I have now noticed that it will sometimes allow me to add an item to my basket, however if I try to add a second item it will clear the basket back down to zero items!  I how now tried this with the stock browser, dolphin browser and maxthon browser and this happens on all.

smellyonion
New

how strange, I have just added three items to basket and they stay there, no problem. you only get the giff popup if you hold the"add tobag  " down. other than that I am stumped, hopefully  someone else can give you a hand.

TrevDood
Visitor

not sure what caused the issue to begin with, but i performed a full system reset and this seems to have cured the problem.  thanks for everyones suggestions though.