Join now - be part of our community!

Sony App Store In Luxembourg

SOLVED
profile.country.de_LU.title
@1683640600027655
Visitor

Sony App Store In Luxembourg

Hi

I bought a Sony Tablet S on Saturday here in Luxembourg. So far I am disappointed, as Iwas expecting to be able to download PS One games and other tablet apps from the Sony store, but it appears to be unavailable.

Can someone tell me if there is an expected date where Luxembourg will appear in the list ofcountries where a product can be registered, and an expected date for the online store to be available?

Currently, when I choose SelectApp I can choose either Luxemburg or Luxembourg as my country, but this takes me to the Uk splash screen. when I select the app store I am sent to the sony.co.uk website.

Finally, when will I be able to rent movies in Luxembourg on the tablet or PS3?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Karl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Good evening Karl

I think the disappointment will slowly fade away. Being the early adopters of this kind of technology in all respect requires patience. Since like most companies, these services are rolled out slowly to ensure that there are no major issues which make the launch look a disaster, it is better to start with one country, then another then another so more likely than not, you should also start seeing updates over the next few weeks.

The Playstation Store has only gone live today and some people are disappointed with that also due to a limited amount of titles but in all honesty, that was the same when Lovefilm launched and it has grown nicely. Granted the launch of some services have been slow but I assume there was good reason. Try doing what I did, switch yout Tablet off and back on. That was the only way the Playstation Store appeared for me so the same may apply for you.

Sadly, I am not sure if anyone here can give you a date on when it would go officially live in Luxembourg, you may need to contact your local Sony Support Centre for that. So far, there is no official roll out plan map available either.

As for selecting your country, I noticed the same too. Selecting other countries like Belgium directs correctly but others do not, I will bring it to their attention.

The rental service is part of the Sony Entertainment Network, are you able to use that service via a computer or the Video on Demand option on your Tablet?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Good evening Karl

I think the disappointment will slowly fade away. Being the early adopters of this kind of technology in all respect requires patience. Since like most companies, these services are rolled out slowly to ensure that there are no major issues which make the launch look a disaster, it is better to start with one country, then another then another so more likely than not, you should also start seeing updates over the next few weeks.

The Playstation Store has only gone live today and some people are disappointed with that also due to a limited amount of titles but in all honesty, that was the same when Lovefilm launched and it has grown nicely. Granted the launch of some services have been slow but I assume there was good reason. Try doing what I did, switch yout Tablet off and back on. That was the only way the Playstation Store appeared for me so the same may apply for you.

Sadly, I am not sure if anyone here can give you a date on when it would go officially live in Luxembourg, you may need to contact your local Sony Support Centre for that. So far, there is no official roll out plan map available either.

As for selecting your country, I noticed the same too. Selecting other countries like Belgium directs correctly but others do not, I will bring it to their attention.

The rental service is part of the Sony Entertainment Network, are you able to use that service via a computer or the Video on Demand option on your Tablet?

@1683640600027655
Visitor

Thanks for the reply.

I have contacted Sony support (in Belgium, because the tablet isn't  supported by the Luxembourg Sony centre) and I'm just going to be patient.

I think the problem is simply that I live in the wrong country for the 21st century.

Basically, there is no video store on PS3, lovefilm isn't available here, in fact only Apple have managed to provide any really useful service here. I have an iPad 2 and although I am not fond of Apple products, they have provided itunes movies here. the really impressive thing about their service is they offer streaming movies in 4 languages . I can also watch iPlayer here on iPad (the reason I bought one originally).

I'm not yet a fan of the web browser on the Sony tablet either, typing seems laggy and I spend a lot of time making corrections.

what I do like about the android side of things is being able to transfer files back and forth from my PC, and there are slightly more useful apps available that save money compared to the apple equivalents.

Hopefully Sony will figure it out, but currently it doesn't really feel like I've bought aSony product .

Once again, thanks for the advice - being patient is the only thing I can do for the moment. Hopefully the Vita will be more Luxembourg friendly, only 4 months until the release!

Cheers

Karl

@1683640600027655
Visitor

Update!

Sony support suggested that I could check qriocity.com for more information, and when I tried that I get a pretty webpage telling which tells me that this service is not available in my country. Cool, now I know.