Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Tablet for music production software applications...

profile.country.en_GB.title
DVOTION
Visitor

Sony Tablet for music production software applications...

I am a musician and singer, and I am interested in buying the Sony Tablet, for the main reason of music production.

1. Does Sony Tablet work for music production software ie Cubase, Reason, & Protools

2. How is the functionality of the Sony Tablet for creative media, music and graphic design software and applications compared to the iPad?

Many thanks in advance for your support and answers.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

I think this is where the Apple Store comes into its own...(most likely) for now.

The iPad has kind of been leading the way with the whole music production branching off quite well from a lot of users who use Mac Books and Mac Book Pro's. I mean when I look at mine, I had a massive array of production tools with the most powerful being FL Studio. Others like Cubase, Reason are just not available on either platform. Most available on the App Store by Apple are just basic music creation apps, the Korg i-MS20 and the iElectribe are amazing but only really optimised for the iPad so no news of them coming to Android just yet.

If it is simply a case of music production, I am having a hard time myself finding the same or equivalent apps available on Android so in that sense, the iPad might be a better option since there are a few additional accessories like the iRig which lets you plug in a stringed instrument and use the iPad as a virtual EQ/amp. At the moment, Android does not need to have a big foothold in this area.

A long story short, I would have to say for creating media, you would most likely be gearing towards the iPad. If you want something for viewing media, then I would say, the Tablet S would be a better option. The whole interface and audio rending is where the Tablet S really comes into its own.

Sorry if it is a not clear cut answer but a penny for your thoughts.