Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Tablet S Update problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
gt19300
Visitor

Sony Tablet S Update problem

Yesterday I updated to latest Android version 4.0.3 release 1. Now the onscreen keyboard is not available. When I try to type in a URL this opens google voice type and a screen saying 'waiting for results' with a never ending circular rotating icon.

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi gt19300,

Welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Open settings..

Then under Personal tap on Language & Input..

Under Keyboards & input methods ensure Google voice typing is NOT selected & that Standard Keyboard IS selected..

Leginsmith
Visitor

There is loads of confusion and problems since the update to 4.03. Even people with other makles of tablet are having many problems.

My sony will not allow me ot use play, gmail, talk or any google app, it keeps saying GAPPS error or server error.

COME ON SONY GET IT SORTED

PeterEB78.9
Visitor

Hi, I've   had three lock ups since the last update, only way out is to rest. If you havn 't got a suitable pin around it seems that a very long press on the on/off button does a reset, but a fix would be better.

gt19300
Visitor

Thank you, but under keyboards and input there are 2 entries only. The first is Default (Automatic - Google voice typing) and under this the second is Google voice typing - (Automatic.) There isn't the option to deselect or any reference to Standard Keyboard. I've done a soft reset, didn't solve it.

Message was edited by: gt19300

Contacted Sony Support 16th Aug. and went thro' factory reset, didn't solve it. They are escalating it and will respond on Monday 20th.

Sony rang yesterday 20th. No resolution available, Will ring back Friday 25th. Have now lost confidence in Sony.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

gt19300 wrote:

Thank you, but under keyboards and input there are 2 entries only. The first is Default (Automatic - Google voice typing) and under this the second is Google voice typing - (Automatic.) There isn't the option to deselect or any reference to Standard Keyboard. I've done a soft reset, didn't solve it.

Contacted Sony Support 16th Aug. and went thro' factory reset, didn't solve it. They are escalating it and will respond on Monday 20th.

Sony rang yesterday 20th. No resolution available, Will ring back Friday 25th. Have now lost confidence in Sony.

Hi gt19300,

could you supply you Sony support case number please & I'll see if I can get someone check this out & contact you..:smileysad:

profile.country.fr_FR.title
massilia69
Visitor

welcome to sony world,

same as you all ,

stuck with the last release ,

none of google apps works,

and they have no solution at the moment!

hot regards from France

gt19300
Visitor

Case Number is 7071102. Thank You.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks, I have passed your case number & directed Sony support to your comments in this thread, I hope someone gets in contact with you soon..

gt19300
Visitor

Thank you. I'll let you know any outcome.