Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia Tablet powers itself off.. advice please!

profile.country.GB.title
fee.666
Explorer

Sony Xperia Tablet powers itself off.. advice please!

Hi! 

Bought a 32gb Xperia Tablet S last Monday and am happy with it.   I have this issue at the moment and would appreciate any advice.

If I do not use the tablet for a time, it goes into a 'standby mode' and I can touch the power switch to wake it up.  I then slide the unlock icon to make all active again.  :slight_smile:

However, after a period of non-use, my tablet switches off completely and I have to reboot and can see the SONY screen and then XPERIA screen, before it boots and is ready to use.  :thinking:

Occasionally this reboot happens within 5 minutes of being in sleep mode.:smileycry:

In Settings -> Display,  I have set the Power save mode as checked,  and Sleep is after 2 minutes.  Also in Settings, Developers options, stay awake is checked but I know this relates to when the tablet is being charged

Please can you advise me if there is any settings that I need to change or if I have been unlucky and have a faulty tablet and will need to return it to the Sony Store!

I was told that the tablet has an 'Eco Mode'  but that does not make sense because powering off means no mail check etc etc!

Ofiaich

88 REPLIES 88
profile.country.en_GB.title
tuantung7c7.
Visitor

Hi guys!

Any news for this device??? i think im going to order in the usa store or wait for the new one. i havent seen any problem from usa user...

Message was edited by: tuantung7c7.

Message was edited by: tuantung7c7.

profile.country.GB.title
fee.666
Explorer

Hi,

over at this site https://www.facebook.com/SonyXperiaTablet  and American has reported problems with his tablet...

fee.666

catxpat
Explorer

Hi, just a quick comment and observation.

I'm also suffering from this complete shutdown problem when the tablet is in sleep mode. Time in sleep mode before it shuts down and does a reboot when you turn it on is quite random, but it's happening a lot, maybe 10 or more times a day if I'm using the tablet a lot. I've tried all the fixes improvements mentioned in the posts, but nothing works.

The one thing I have noticed which does stop it rebooting when I switch it on is leaving it on charge. 

Not sure if this is relevent or not.

I do hope Sony fix it soon though as it's very very anoying to say the least.

djruff
Visitor

Hi,

I think my problem may be different, Tablet doesn't get chance to go into sleep mode, 15 seconds after start up the screen locks and a reboot starts.

Assuming the sleep mode and wifi issue are linked try this long shot for a fix;

I had an issue with an ultrabook that kept dropping wifi on wakeup and had to go through a reboot to reconnect. I changed the wireless channel to 4 or 6 but not 11 and ping it worked. A WiFi lock app might be worth a try,

What ever the solution is we're ahead of Sony who in their wisdom thought a bit of foam and a free screen wipe would fix my problem!!

tuantung7c7.
Visitor

is this xperia tablet suitable with the 64gb sd card?. or u guys know where can i buy the sd card good price

profile.country.GB.title
stbromf31
New

Hi,

Good news with the tablet powering off. Last Monday I sent my tablet off to get the splashproofing fixed and when it returned on Friday I updated to release 6b and since I have had no issues with the powering off.

Steve

tuantung7c7.
Visitor

yes stbromf31

thank u bro

profile.country.nl_NL.title
Zerokewl

My tablet shutdown for no reason also, Altough it dont happen when resuming sleep.

It happends when playing a video from web browser.

First i see some glitchy video like it video file did't load correctly then i try to skip thru the video i get a black screen for while.

After that it shutdown it happend 3 times its verry rare but verry anoying.

First i thought it was flash.

Then it happend in chrome without flash also.

I dont think its my tablet just think its a software issue.

I'm running the latest android update.

Message was edited by: Zerokewl

djarben29
Visitor

I have same problem. had 1 replaced already because of the recall product....but had this problem also randomly huting down.... I think its causing dead pixel on the screen as I can see one and my fear it may happen more and more pixels to die.....after so many shutdowns no wonder unit may become faulty..... Also this is against saftey if u using as sat nav in car and shuts down and u dont know where u hading and trying to turn it back on.....or if u listen to music it becomes a very loud clichy music which u lose control and shuts down the tablet....i will never trust sony software again....wish I never bought this. thank u sony,,, no wonder u servers were hacked as u are not very keen to build stable software.

Message was edited by: djarben29

profile.country.nl_NL.title
Zerokewl

When i made topic about it on dutch sony forums topic was just deleted.

Is sony gonna do something against this or they gonna put this whole case in a extinguisher.

Because i don't like it that my tablet shuts down for no reason even if its just once a day usualy only use my tablet for 1 hour a day.

And when i do i want it to work 100% stable no issues.