Join now - be part of our community!

Tablet as a PS3 controller?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
DarthLuca
Visitor

Tablet as a PS3 controller?

I assumed from the pre release commentary that the tablet would be able to do this!

Will there be an App to use the Tablet as a PS3 controller device. If not why not?

Surely this is technologically possible. It would work particularly well as a full function, easy to use blu-ray controller.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Good and valid point but as a gamer, I would not actually bother using the Tablet as a controller. Trying to play games on a touch screen and guessing where the controls are makes it more of hinderance than I would prefer plus the placement of trigger buttons would be difficult so you would need to adopt a new way of holding your virtual controller. Since the trigger buttons are responsive to pressure, the same could not be replicated on the Tablet.

That being said, Sony do monitor these forums so I would say that it may be something they take on board. I wouldn't say no to it happening just yet but I suppose it is a case of demand more than anything.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Good and valid point but as a gamer, I would not actually bother using the Tablet as a controller. Trying to play games on a touch screen and guessing where the controls are makes it more of hinderance than I would prefer plus the placement of trigger buttons would be difficult so you would need to adopt a new way of holding your virtual controller. Since the trigger buttons are responsive to pressure, the same could not be replicated on the Tablet.

That being said, Sony do monitor these forums so I would say that it may be something they take on board. I wouldn't say no to it happening just yet but I suppose it is a case of demand more than anything.

profile.country.de_DE.title
fiips23
Visitor

I think the question is not about to use the tablet as game-controller.

Because the tablet has a remote app already pre installed and there I could control all my devices but not my PS3! So I just want to be able to control my PS3 like the common PS3-Remote Control via Bluetooth.

Thanks