Join now - be part of our community!

text entry into the browser very laggy/buggy

profile.country.en_GB.title
smellyonion
New

text entry into the browser very laggy/buggy

the text entry has really began to annoy me. the text entry is not live you have to finish typing the word for it to appear. sites like youtube, entering text is near impossible, the amount of lag. if you make a mistake, the arrow keys dont work. the cursor is super laggy and is somewhere else whilst you type somewhere else. typing doesnt appear unless you hit space. 90% of websites have this and is making the tablet near inuseable.

what is up with this? I will have to return it if this problem isnt fixed.

forget the backspace as when you tap it, it seriously takes 3 seconds for it to remove the letter. you tap alot thinking its not doing anything then 5s latter you erase too far back.

Message was edited by: smellyonion

Message was edited by: smellyonion

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

under settings, language and input, keyboard, standard keyboard, settings....

you can switch off the word by word input. it fixes most of your problems. I don't have the lag problem.

on a few websites with javascript text input (such as this forum), the cursor fails to work (but i think this is an android/websitecompatibility issue) which is annoying. On simpler input fields it does work.

the market does allow to install alternative keyboards. 'Hackers keyboard' is free and works.

Message was edited by: breedBenR

Message was edited by: breedBenR

smellyonion
New

do you mean predict next word? the rest seem to be off, I dont have word by word imput. even if I turn prediction off, it still lags. I am using youtube to test it.(the website not app). could someone do me a favour and test the website text  on your sonys. and please dont tell me to use the app as alot of the music videos and tv channels cant be used in the app.

Ankitv
Visitor

I faced the same issue while using inbuilt browser. Ever since I installed dolphin, there's no lag