Join now - be part of our community!

Throwing to Samsung smart tv

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
chongsta.uk
Explorer

Throwing to Samsung smart tv

My Sont Tablet S manages to find my 7 series "allshare" enabled TV but gives an error stating it is not connected to a media server.

I use windows media player to stream from a laptop with no issue and without it being connected to a server.

The only reason I bought this tablet over the iPad was for this built in feature - really disappointed if I cannot get it to work!

Tags (2)
32 REPLIES 32
profile.country.GB.title
amillionbytes
New

Hey all

As noted before, use Handbrake for conversion . it's free and you can run 10 second samples etc.

Also, you can hold-down on any media at all shown on the DLNA app and select Throw. e..g I can throw MKVs to my Samsung TV even tho the tablet won't play them from the DLNA app.

I should add that my TV at/even least does NOT properly handle Anamorphic Widescreen in MP4 files, even tho it's better quality.

profile.country.GB.title
amillionbytes
New

arghhhh post loss is annoying... I blame Orange's bad reception...

(ED: ok so actually I didn't lose it at all! sorry for double post...)

OK so first I have successdully Thrown MKV format files to my Samsung TV from the Tablet .  you donthis by just holding your finger down on the media from thelist in the DLNA App and pressing Throw.  However, I couldn't test this again today cos I have this stupid network issue at home.

Second, aser blog, I tried a LOT of coverters, and they're all rubbish.  Use the Community one instead: Handbrake .  it also lets you do stuff like add default subtitle streams(which you'll need for foreign films) and do trial, 10 or 20 second runs so you can confirm conversio n.

I use MKV right now as it's the most flexible container for MP4 video, and then usea free Marketplace app for MKV playback on thetablet.  i'll hapilly go check all this and post the handbrake profiles etc if you want them?

- pete

Message was edited by: amillionbytes

Message was edited by: amillionbytes

profile.country.GB.title
amillionbytes
New

Hey Mitesh - there's also Freemake

http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/