Join now - be part of our community!

usb stick

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
bam27beer
Visitor

usb stick

hi all

one  issue I have at the mo is detecting my external storage so far I have tried a micro sd card from my s/e x10 with a adapter  in the card slot and this is not showing up also tried  using a micro usb lead with a gender changer adapter then plugged in a usb key ,then the sony micro reader usb key adapter and still nothing can connect to my pc and transfer files but this is painfully slow especially  for video files , have a few other things but start with this first

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hip_hop_rob
Explorer

There was a review on Youtube by Lisa of Mobiletech  (from memory) at about 9 mins 12 seconds (again from memory)that shows a motorola xoom OTG (on the go) cable being attached to the micro usb port and it has a female usb connector, enabling a flash drive to be attached and shows that it can read directly.  It has to be an OTG cable as the other configuration adaptors don't  work.

Am searching for one now and will get back to you when I have tested it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
tilthammer
Visitor

See the 32 GB storage thread

hip_hop_rob
Explorer

There was a review on Youtube by Lisa of Mobiletech  (from memory) at about 9 mins 12 seconds (again from memory)that shows a motorola xoom OTG (on the go) cable being attached to the micro usb port and it has a female usb connector, enabling a flash drive to be attached and shows that it can read directly.  It has to be an OTG cable as the other configuration adaptors don't  work.

Am searching for one now and will get back to you when I have tested it.

bam27beer
Visitor
hip_hop_rob
Explorer

Just updating to confirm that the Motorola "On The Go" Camera adapter cable.Tested Ok and working with 8gb USB flash drive.  Played video with no issue.  Wouldn't recognise an independently powered external Seagate 1 TB external Drive however, but am grateful for small mercies!