Join now - be part of our community!

Using the tablet to post on this forum

profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

Using the tablet to post on this forum

The posting part of this forum is not yet optimized for the tablet.

You can set you tablet keyboard to operate a little bit better, with the settings below.

You cannot yet cut copy or paste when typing a text to post UNLESS you go to HTML-edit button (upper right corner)

You cannot yet not move the cursor in  the post with the virtual keyboard, only with your finger.

Other tips

long-press the ?123 button, and you can turn off the word suggest and make the number keys show by default, not only when you have to type in telephone, pwd, postalcode....

If you install a 3rd party virtual keyboard from the App market, you can also select it that way.

I think to make the cursor move requires some modification of the text-input javascript on this forum. right now the cursor moves the blue selection box over this page. the text-input box on the forum page is not properly coded for the android 3.x browser to recognise it as such. Unlike the more simple text input fields for login, pwds, adresses that appear on various webpages elsewhere. This is something for Sony Forum technicians to adress, it is only on this forum (so far) that the keyboard works so-so.

Message was edited by: breedBenR

Message was edited by: breedBenR split of from another post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
ReluctantNewbie
Visitor

It  just goes to show. The answer  is out there if one is prepared to look. I was looking  to set the number pad on by default . Where are all the other little tricks stored appart from in your head .?

I see  this is quite an old post. No harm in bringing it back to the front as the tip about the ABC/123 is worth its weight in gold.

Thanks

oh and It might not work correctly /but I am managing to get it to work for me so far and only post here using the tablet. Why would anyone want to use anything else :wink: