Join now - be part of our community!

Vibration mode on the non-3G Sony Tablet S (SGPT111GB)

profile.country.GB.title
emtette70

Vibration mode on the non-3G Sony Tablet S (SGPT111GB)

I discovered something today, Sony Tablet S (SGPT111GB) which is a non-3G version has the ability to vibrate in applications that can use this option.
I was looking for a alternative to the built-in TV remote control app and I came across "BlueIR Universal Remote" in the android market. unfortunately it's not suitable for me in the UK but whilst playing with the pre-installed virgin media cable box profile and low and behold each time I pressed any of the software remote control buttons, anywhere onscreen, and I received a vibrate confirmation which I checked in the options was available.
This functionality also presented itself when I installed another universal remote control app called "Dijit Universal Remote".
The strange thing is though once I played with it a little more vibration stopped and I couldn't get it back again or test it in the settings.
Anyway just wanted to share and to see if anybody else got this functionality working in their Sony tablet S, non-3G obviously, as I was unaware the tablets had this functionality?
PS. if anybody else knows of a Universal Remote Control app that doesn't require purchasing an additional hardware Bluetooth or Wi-Fi dongle but also allows me to link devices to specific rooms so that I can customise certain actions like watching TV to automatically switching on my amp and cable box simultaneously I would be grateful if you could let me know, free or paid I don't mind as long as I can use the inbuilt I are infrared built into the tablet, as I'm not looking for network automation outside of the room the equipment is in at any one time.
Cheers

Message was edited by: emtette70

Message was edited by: emtette70

0 REPLIES 0