Join now - be part of our community!

Viewing photo's stored on my DNLA Server

profile.country.GB.title
rawhide78
Visitor

Viewing photo's stored on my DNLA Server

Hi all, I have been an avid reader of these forums for some time as I'm a huge sony fan and love their produducts, up until now, I have found answers for my questions, but sadly not this time.

Having just bought a Tablet, I have hooked it up to my existing DNLA server that I have been using for my Bravia for some time, I can see all of the files on the server, however, I cannot open Photo's that are stored on it, I get a ! with This format is not supported.

This baffles me as the Pics are .JPG images.

Have I missed something?

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
omar_g@ap64
Visitor

Hi Rawhide78,

What are you using as your DLNA server? If its a computer, what software are you using?

Omar

profile.country.GB.title
rawhide78
Visitor

Hi Omar, I'm using a seagate 2tb external hard drive plugged into a Belkin play router, I have a Bravia tv and a sony blue ray player on my home network that can read this setup just fine.

omar_g@ap64
Visitor

Hi Rawhide,

Sorry, i don't know what the problem. Maybe one of the other guys on here can help. Sounds very odd though.

Are they very high resolution by any chance?

profile.country.nl_NL.title
breedBenR

hi

is this still a problem, after you received and installed the update from Sony Media Players in the market?

profile.country.GB.title
rawhide78
Visitor

Hey, I did download and recieve that update. sadly it Hasn't helped.

Message was edited by: rawhide78

Message was edited by: rawhide78

profile.country.es_ES.title
JULIANA
Visitor

And it still NOT WORKING.

Just poor,miserable low or middle quality is available.

If you have good or high quality images SONY SMART TV it is NOT AVAILABLE  to reproduce it.

Message was edited by: JULIANA

Message was edited by: JULIANA

profile.country.fr_BE.title
bennybuche
New

I think the viewable picture resolution is limited to the tablet's screen size (or a little bit more). So, if you're trying to view pictures with a huge resolution, it won't work :wink: If you really want to, you'll have to downscale them before viewing; you could try to see if it works better...

pavr27
Visitor

i have the same problem, and its drivingme mad (see the thred i posted)  its not a resolution issue as all my photos are within the range specified.