Join now - be part of our community!

Where do you buy ebooks for a tablet?

profile.country.en_GB.title
91caitlin
Visitor

Where do you buy ebooks for a tablet?

I have a Sony Tablet P (the one with a hinge) and I can't work out where to buy eBooks that work with the reader. I've tried Kobo but the Reader for Sony can't seem to open Adobe ePubs. Do I have to convert everything to pdf or am I missing a trick?

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

First, in order to read Adobe epubs you need to have an Adobe Digital Editions ID and then authorise your PC, tablet, book reader or whatever.

To read Kobo books just use their app from the android store. I've used this on my tablet S and works fine. No need to use adobe as mentioned above

Or you could try Google books, not sure how that works but probably the same as Kobo above and uses the Google reader app instead

Or use the newly opened Sony store, if you set up an account with them it will also ask for your Adobe ID

You could also try Aldiko book reader, again from the android store, this I think also accepts Adobe ID

91caitlin
Visitor

I have authorised Adobe digital editions on my PC but I don't know how to authorise my tablet. I want to use the Sony Reader that comes on the tablet because it is the only one that adapts to the 2 screen set-up that the P has. Neither Kobo nor Aldiko work with it. This set up is basically why I chose this tablet so I would really like to be able to read my ePubs on it.

From now on I guess the Sony store is probably the best place to buy.

91caitlin
Visitor

Oh, and has the Sony reader store been launched for the UK yet? I can't find it.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

91caitlin wrote:

Oh, and has the Sony reader store been launched for the UK yet? I can't find it.

Yes it has here is a link - Sony Reader Store

tobarre32
New

Wow...have you seen the prices?  Amazon wont exactly be quaking in their boots.

profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

Yes and the selection is terrible.

Really no incentive to use the store at all.