Join now - be part of our community!

why does the new S-tablet have NO 3G INTERNET CONNECTION even when the service provider does?

profile.country.en_GB.title
ijo2409
Visitor

why does the new S-tablet have NO 3G INTERNET CONNECTION even when the service provider does?

I purchased an S-tablet and since the day it arrived, my attempts at using the internet connection just from my SIM being inserted was futile. Has anyone some helpful ideas, because I am running out of patience? Thanks guys

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
longtreeroad
Visitor

are you using the sim card provided with your tablet? I never went for the model with built in 3g, its far better to use your mobile as a wifi hotspot. only have one phone bill to pay then.

profile.country.GB.title
michaelb104
New

I had the same issue but there are some settings you have to change to enable it, I cannot remember what they are and I do not have my tablet with me to look them up.  I seem to remember they were quite intuitive though.

Hope you get it working.

longtreeroad
Visitor

you want to think yourself lucky you have the 3g option, I was told that there was not going to be a 3g model released, then three weeks after I bought the wifi only model the 3g version was released! not happy with sony at the moment

profile.country.GB.title
pethumph1
New

I beleive it is more likely to be sim, and network provider if the settings on the Sony S are set up. If you are just putting in the sim from your mobile, it will not work unless your provider has set it up. I though would not recommend the 3g. Too much effort.

I simply contacted my network provider, told them that I want to set up tethering and wireless hotspot. It was not available on my tariff, so they  set me up on a new one. I lost a few minutes, but they gave me 750mb of tethering data, and cost me no more. some will just had this option on for about £5.00.

So now all I do, is turn on the hotspot from my phone. My SONY S connects as though it is a wi-fi connection. Saved money on the unit, no need to take out extra, sometimes lengthy contracts in addition to my phone, and cost notjhing, or very little extra to use. Plus now I get Deezer for free, bonus!

longtreeroad
Visitor

thats exactly how i do it apart from one thing, I use unofficial tethering so I dont have to pay any extra, I use the data package that I get with my phone.