Join now - be part of our community!

Will Sony Tablet S get jelly bean?

profile.country.en_GB.title
thereverend
New

Will Sony Tablet S get jelly bean?

So the Xperia jellybean update is rolling out but I see now mention of the oiginal Sony Tablet S getting the update despite previous words from Sony about it coming to that in febuary (which is obviously now instead in typical Sony style). So is it coming, or have we been abandoned now with no fixes coming?

5 REPLIES 5
anubis619
Visitor

I hope so for sonys sake or there will be a lot of angry consumers who spent alot of money on the original tablet s only to be ditched by them,I lovee my tablet but getting annoyed at the lack of software updates forfor it cmon sony dont let us

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Edited for profanity

alijay036
Visitor

sony has abandoned the tablet s, they will not be doing anything with Android in any flavour from ics onwards. so any and all owners have an expensive paperweight with no chance of an update.

anubis619
Visitor

cmon sony yes or no will the original tablet s get an update even rovers on mars get more updates than the tablet s what does that say about sony

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Have you tried asking Sony Support? This is a user forum and there will be no replies from Sony here.

The last time I heard from Sony, there were no plans to roll out JB on the Tablet S. They say there are too many compatibility issues.

:thinking:

profile.country.nl_NL.title
Zerokewl

Long answer no.

short answer no.

should they do it ? yes.

why ? because tablet s has awfull buggy software they should least fix that but random shutdowns can only be fixed in jelly bean which common bug.