Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia XZ Premium needs factory resetting but none of the ways to reset it work!

Sony Xperia XZ Premium needs factory resetting but none of the ways to reset it work!

Hi all

I have the above phone, I handed it down to one of my kids when I upgraded and unfortunately he has forgotten the pattern for his lock screen!!

We have had it to a mobile phone shop that charged me £15.00 for basically not being able to either circumnavigate the lock screen or factory reset the phone, so £15.00 lighter but no further forward!!

So I have had a look at guides, there seems to be 3 or 4 ways to reset the phone without the need to know the pass pattern, I dont mind about losing the data on the phone, but i have tried all the ways I can find and all the phone will do is boot in to safe mode, which still requires the pass pattern or the phone just restarts.

Is there a definative way to do the factory reset on this model or do i just need to keep trying?

One of the ways says to press the "home" button but this model of phone doesnt have a home button!!

Is there any software available to reset the phone?

Thanks for any help and advice.

aMS

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@aMassiveSneeze 

Simple 

on a computer or phone go to: 

https://www.google.com/android/find

login with the Gmail account on that device > wait for Google to find the device > Erase Device