Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact - Battery is not charging anymore

SOLVED
profile.country.DE.title
francwalter

Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact - Battery is not charging anymore

Hallo

my girlfriend has a Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact phone, since years now, maybe since 4 years already.

In 2022 she asked me to replace her battery, because it was too fast empty. I bought a new replace battery for around 15.- euro but then I noticed that the replacement is not that easy than as in other devices, so I didnt replace it. I was afraid to destroy the phone instead of making it better. So she lived with charging the phone as often as possible.

Now, this weekend, she encountered a weird behaviour of her XZ2, the battery was emtpy very fast, the phone was hot and she could not load the phone anymore, even switched off. It says e.g. 4% but never reached more.

So I opened it and replaced the battery anyway (put in the battery bought in 2022) and first it seemed to load, even up to 15%, but very fast it is the same thing: the battery does not load.

If I connect a cable, it seems to need too much current, does not load anymore. Totally empty.

I dont know now, if it is really the battery or maybe some short circuit in the phone, discharging the battery fastly, not making charging possible at all.

Does anybody maybe know this behaviour, what could that be?
Could it maybe be fixed with another replace battery?

Thanks. frank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DE.title
francwalter

The "solution" was, to buy a new phone.

No Sony anymore, a Pixel 8a.

So goodbye Sony.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.DE.title
francwalter

I ordered then a new replace battery (item 264340224901 for 22.- eur, hopefully better quality) and just put it in. It loads now, I hope that it was the old replace battery and the new replace battery will do its job.
But as always: hope dies last :wink:

Will tell here, if it worked this time.

profile.country.DE.title
francwalter

Man man man! First it startet with 5% (phone off and charging), but since more than half an hour charging stays at 14% 😭

With the first replace battery it was nearly the same, the charging percentage didnt increase anymore after a while.

profile.country.DE.title
francwalter

And the phone gets quite warm! As if there were a kind of short circuit and the charger cannot charge enough to get it full, because it is always discharging. But it is off, how could there be discharging?

profile.country.DE.title
francwalter
profile.country.DE.title
francwalter

The "solution" was, to buy a new phone.

No Sony anymore, a Pixel 8a.

So goodbye Sony.