Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Driver, reduced security on silicon Mac query.

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Snerkler

Sony Driver, reduced security on silicon Mac query.

I've got a Sony camera and in order to install the latest firmware I need to download the Sony driver and in order to do this on a Silicon Mac you need to change the security settings in recovery mode to "Reduced security:Allow user management of kernel extensions from identified developers query"

I have no problem doing this as it's from a reputable site, but my question is that once I've installed the software can I return the security settings to what they were, or does the software always need this reduced security to run? If it's the latter what future security risks am I opening myself up to, if any?

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Piscie
Community Team

Hey @Snerkler, you can only reduce the security settings whenever it's needed. So you don't have to leave the settings reduced all the time. 

Also which camera model have you got?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Piscie
Community Team

Hey @Snerkler, you can only reduce the security settings whenever it's needed. So you don't have to leave the settings reduced all the time. 

Also which camera model have you got?

profile.country.GB.title
Snerkler

Thanks, I have the Sony A9 Mark II

Piscie
Community Team

Thanks mate! Make sure to update the thread as solved if you no longer searching for a security settings solution.