Join now - be part of our community!

Which TV

profile.country.GB.title
Headhurts

Which TV

Following on from my post regarding KD-55A1 faulty screen could I ask members for advice regarding any replacement.

My Sony A1 is a lovely looking set with great sound but it is flawed, Dolby Vision is all but unwatchable being way too dark even with a dark room, I have tried so many settings many copied and tried from various forums but still no good, it is slightly brighter through Sky.

We require a bright picture as our lounge is west facing so gets lots of sun, it needs to have decent sound as the wife hates sound bars preferring an uncluttered look.

We watch movies mostly via the apps through the TV, 55 inch is big enough and price wise around £2000 or less hopefully.

I have been in some shops but they all seem to have very high quality pictures but of course I cannot view a realistic picture as I would have at home because none can show me other than demo modes.

I would like to enjoy Dolby Vision but I’m quite underwhelmed by the picture I’m receiving through the A1.

The staff in store tell me the new Sony TV’s have much brighter settings and mentioned a measurement of nits which means not much to me.

I know this is a Sony community and I would like to stay with the brand but my son suggests I look at QLED televisions.

If anyone can offer real world viewing advice that would be great.

Many thanks in advance.

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
Headhurts

Update to this thread.

Hughes removed the A1 liaised with Sony, as the major issue is in centre of screen Sony have offered 55 inch A90 as a replacement.

This will be sent to Hughes who will on arrival check to make sure no damage in transit, update the software and deliver to me.

Great result and excellent service from Hughes TV
Piscie
Community Team

Great to know that Hughes will replace the TV in the end! I believe the TV could be replaced by Sony directly as well since it is still in warranty.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Piscie 

Dance with the one that brung ya 😛

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…