Join now - be part of our community!

Map updates for NV-u73T

profile.country.en_GB.title
daairey88
New

Map updates for NV-u73T

I believe that I have the last map update on my NV-U73T - how do I check?  Is there another way to put another map on?  There are now bad ommisions in the map data installed.  I have only had the unit about 2 years and not updated it as yet.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.sv_SE.title
tobbepolaren
Visitor

If I haven't misunderstood everything I guess your GPS will soon be useless since Sony aren't releasning any map updates anymore and have left the GPS-business.

I'm quite disappointed and angry about it since I bought an NV-u93T which cost me a lot of money and now I can't use it anymore.

profile.country.en_GB.title
daairey88
New

Tobbepolaren

Like you my unit cost alot and to find that Sony will not be producing updates to the maps is poor to say the least.  I was hoping that there was a way forward somewhere.  It can still be used but there are lots of times where the system doe not know where it is.

profile.country.sv_SE.title
tobbepolaren
Visitor

Well, having in mind all the road constructions where they're moving existing roads and building new ones an not updated GPS will soon be useless. That's my opinion.

I have looked around a bit before and it doesn't seem that you can take maps made for another brand.

It has a lot more info in it than just the maps and if the GPS´s are probably programmed in different ways depending what brand you use.

So sorry to say but my guess is that's soon time to look for a new GPS, this time I'll go with Tomtom or something like that. It will hopefully last longer...