Join now - be part of our community!

VAT -Back - Query re information requirements?

profile.country.en_GB.title
Newbee66
Visitor

VAT -Back - Query re information requirements?

I recently bought a Sony Blue Ray DVD as a christmas present. It was bought on Amazon and delivered to the recipient's address.

I'm now trying to fill in the VAT-Back form and have some issues/quesions:

1. I assume I still need the serial number, even though it is on a bit of kit that I don't own

2. I don't have an original sales receipt. I have the final order from from Amazon. Is this sufficient or is there something else I need?

3. What is a European Guarantee Information Document? Do I need it and where will I get it for an Amazon delivery?

Thanks is advance for any help provided.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
norriejam
Visitor

I have the same problem as you for part 2.

I bought a TV from Argos online in November so I sent a copy of the sale confirmation e-mail because I wasn't issued with a sales receipt.

Got a letter back on December 31st (which was dated December 15th!!!) telling me that the e-mail wasn't adequate enough proof and I had 28 days to resubmit my claim - I'm assuming that starts from the date of the letter rather when I received it!

I've been in touch with Argos to see if they can assist in any way, but I await a reply.

The silly thing is the TV is registered through Sony's website.  I appreciate that doesn't prove how much the set cost but it looks like a lot of obstacles are being put in the way to claim back something that was being offered as the time of the purchase.

I have bought several Sony products over the years, this could very well be the last one as I am far from a happy chappy.

wwwDot
Visitor

The European Guarentee is just like any other. It's a bit of non-descript paper asking a few questions. Easy to make the mistake of throwing it away.

I bought my Bravia through John Lewis.

They sent me a confirmation letter in the post which was fine but not a receipt.

I had to ask John Lewis for a receipt number which they duly gave me.

I sent a photocopy of their letter with the 'Receipt Number' clearly written on the front. Along with the European gaurentee and application form.

I hadn't heard anything so I gave them a ring today.

Very helpful lady took my postcode, confirmed my name and told me it should be with me by begining of Feb.

Long time to process a very small claim, and they could have at least written to me to acknowledge receipt of my claim as there is a time limit (31st Dec 2010).

Can understand your frustration as it was bought as a gift and you won't have the appropiate paperwork.

Can only say that John Lewis were fantastic on price, customer service and delivery.

Take care

wwwDot