Join now - be part of our community!

Why no VAT refund?

profile.country.en_GB.title
lord01564
Visitor

Why no VAT refund?

I received a letter on 25th November saying I was entitled to a VAT refund, after sending off the correct forms, for the purchase of a KDL46NX703 television. The letter said it would be paid into my bank account shortly. Six weeks later still no money paid in why not.

Can you answer please.

5 REPLIES 5
barraoreilly
Visitor

I'm in the same boat.

I bought my TV on November 1st and still haven't heard a word back.

Does anyone know how to follow this up with Sony?

Thanks,

Barra

wwwDot
Visitor

Hello I rang the following Number : 01379 649499

Very helpful lady said that the application takes a month to process, so expect the funds at the start of February.

Two things:-

Why does it take so long to process?

Why not at least send an acknowledgement that your application has been received ?

Saves ringing up and saves having to write on here.

Take care

wwwDot

PS, dont know if anyone is with TalkTalk, but they're rubbish. Unlike my Sony Bravia which is wonderful. Good ol John Lewis, great price.Great delivery. Great service.

jeleste19
New

Thank you for - we were wondering what had happened to our refund too, so will be patient until the beginning of Feb. and will then ring the number. We agree, why does it take so long???/

profile.country.fi_FI.title
pasi.ahola
Visitor

I'm also at same situation, I sent all necessary documentation at 8th December and haven't heard any word since, I guess that I just need to be patient, I'm still hoping to see funds at my account asap.

andrewp.bowyer
Visitor

Same problem for me!

Before I posted the forms back to Sony I rang the helpline and explained that I bought my laptop online from John Lewis and therefore had no official receipt, but I did have the Order Confirmation from John Lewis. I was told this was ok and duly sent off for my VAT refund. I had heard nothing since December 12th so I phoned them today to enquire what was happening only to be told my claim had been rejected because I had not provided satisfactory proof of purchase!

As we all know when you buy most stuff online you never have a receipt. After 10 minutes of protesting strongly I was told to send in another copy of the forms and they would re-consider.

Sony - this is disgraceful and does nothing for your reputation. Why should I ever buy another Sony product again. My house is full of them but perhaps you do not want my business anymore.