Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-N9200WL Help needed

profile.country.FI.title
Aginorz
New

BDV-N9200WL Help needed

hey,

I have had this system for years now and loved it but one thing always bothered me that the sound quality is 100% better when playing a Blu-ray compared to when watching for example Netflix via Apple TV. 
(apple tv connected to tv and n9200 connected to the to tv of course)

Question is, is there any way to make the sound quality better when watching tv (cable) or when watching via Apple TV? Since it is not that great. When compared to the Blu-ray sounds. Same with PS4 and PS5.. would love to get that amazing sound when playing games etc. 

Next question. Those amazing lights on the speakers that go with the movie when watching Blu-ray. Any chance to have them light up for example with the PlayStation games and Netflix the same way as they do with the Blu-ray’s? You know change color with what’s on the screen.

BDV-N9200WL Is connected via hdmi cable to my Sony tv. 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Aginorz 

Are you getting the sound from these devices playing from the TV through the BDV, or just via the TV speakers?

You have two HDMI inputs on the BDV. Have you tried plugging your Apple TV and PS4/5 into those, instead of directly into the TV?

Also, how is the BDV connected to the TV? Ideally, this will be by an HDMI cable connected to whichever HDMI input on your TV has ARC/eARC (if any).

If your TV doesn’t have ARC, then use an optical cable to link it to the BDV.

If you specify exactly which model of Sony TV you have, we can tell you if it has ARC or not, and which HDMI input to use if it does.

Details are here, though you should already have this as a paper document that came with the BDV:-

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/4485/44858214M.pdf

Speaker illumination is covered on page 50 here:-

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/4728/241c8534f84008ccc897ddd4c581f06f/47284320M...

It does not specify that this is for BluRay only, so there is a strong chance it will work for any device plugged into the BDV. If you have this feature turned on for discs, it may start working for other devices plugged in as advised above.

There is also a chance that it would work for the TV sound (though this is much less certain), as it can work on sound only, though it wouldn’t be able to sync with the video on the TV, which it can’t, oF course, ‘see’.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Aginorz, that depends on the TV, it has to be connected via HSMI ARC. the suggestion from royabrown2 is good actually, HDMI ARC (eARC) is better, if not use an optical with it. Also the info should tell you what format is played, that depends also on the content played.