Join now - be part of our community!

STR DN-1080 no home menu displayed

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Lexzep
Explorer

STR DN-1080 no home menu displayed

My Sony receiver was working fine until I tried new HDMI cables. HDMI cables connected from Sky Q box and Sony Bravia TV using eARC. When I tried new cables there was no picture displayed on TV, but the sound was working. There was also no Home menu displayed from the Receiver. The display on the actual receiver was showing ‘Home’ but nothing was displayed on TV. I swapped back to my original cables but still have the same problems. I can receive a picture if I connect the HDMI cable direct from Sky Q to the TV. But I still can’t get the receiver Home Screen to show on the TV. I have tried unplugging everything then restarting and I have done a factory reset on the receiver. There is no picture using any of the input ports on the receiver. Only the eARC port is working, but still unable to access the Home menu.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Thank you for the clarification guys :')

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team
profile.country.GB.title
Lexzep
Explorer

Hi HannahEd01, thanks for the reply. Initially I was unable to access the update feature due to the Home Screen not working. I have now managed to access the Home Screen by connecting the tv to the B hdmi port. The software is already up to date, but it seems that all my other hdmi ports are not working, so I presume that the board might be faulty. I can still get sound using an optical cable, and my Sky Q box and Blu-ray are connected directly to the tv by-passing the DN-1080. 

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Lexzep, it looks like that the TV will need a service, is it Sony?

profile.country.GB.title
Lexzep
Explorer

Yes it is Sony, but I am happy with my workaround solution for now. Thanks for your suggestions, they are very much appreciated.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Lexzep, if you post the model number of the TV we can play around with some steps as well. ^^

profile.country.GB.title
Lexzep
Explorer

I don’t believe the tv is a problem. The hdmi cables work fine when connected directly from my Sky Q box and my Blu Ray player. The tv is XH-9505 and is only 8 months old.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@HannahEd01 

I think you will find that @Lexzep meant that the HDMI ports on the receiver were not working, and the ones on the TV are fine.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Thank you for the clarification guys :')

profile.country.GB.title
Lexzep
Explorer

Thanks Hannah