Join now - be part of our community!

Low earphone volume

SOLVED
mrc0mmand
Visitor

Low earphone volume

Good afternoon,

I've got Sony Xperia M2 Aqua few weeks ago and noticed one really annoying issue.

Earphone volume is incredibly low. I set the earphone volume to max level during calls, but still I can barely hear the other side. It also sounds like the 'voice' comes from the internal speaker, rather than earphone.

(I also noticed the volume of mic is also very low, but I managed to fix that by disabling noise reduction, thanks to this thread)

I tried to find any working solution, but I only came across unanswered threads. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks.

Tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mrc0mmand
Visitor

Today I managed to finally find a working solution.thanks to this comment: yes, brushing your earphone with toothbrush really worked, because there was a little piece of almost invisible plastic, which was removed by toothbrush.

So, I would like to apologize for not noticing that before and thanks for your reponse!

Edit: Fixed the link

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Thommo
Genius

Looks like you had the warning and chose the option for the phone to reduce volume when or even when the level is at maximum - You could try a settings reset - Settings - Apps and swipe to All then Locate and open Settings then tap on Clear cache and Clear data then reboot and test - Bear in mind that any and all settings will be reset like ringtone etc

mrc0mmand
Visitor

Tried to clear Settings cache/data (and reboot), but without any change - when I click on Clear cache, it does nothing, and click on Clear data just throws me back to application menu.

(I forgot to mention I tried to reinstall mobile via PC Companion repair/reinstall option, but without any change).

mrc0mmand
Visitor

Today I managed to finally find a working solution.thanks to this comment: yes, brushing your earphone with toothbrush really worked, because there was a little piece of almost invisible plastic, which was removed by toothbrush.

So, I would like to apologize for not noticing that before and thanks for your reponse!

Edit: Fixed the link

profile.country.GB.title
iancraig10
Explorer

The link doesn't work unfortunately.

I have the same issue. I contacted Sony who told me to reinstall and start again. I did this and no change. Sony blame Vodaphone and vodaphone blame Sony. We're in the middle and have to put up with this it seems.
Coastie
Visitor

I've just bought an xperia M2 and on trying it out just now I find that when I plug my headset in the volume only goes to half way. Is there something which I'm doing wrong?

I can hear the music in the house here, but if I was outside walking to work there would be no way that I would be able to hear the music.

Is there any way around this or am I going to have to send the phone back and go back to my HTC?

sidsa
Visitor

i cleaned ear piece with tooth brush and alcohol or hand sanitizers and it worked better than before 👍👍