Join now - be part of our community!

Annoying wireless switch utility. Help please.

RoseTyler
Visitor

Annoying wireless switch utility. Help please.

I have a VGN-FZ21E. I have created an administrator account and a user account without administrator rights for everyday use as recommended. Every time I log onto the everyday account (i.e. most of the time) a box from the wireless switch utility (the one to choose 2.4GHz or 5GHz) asking for permission to continue appears, and this I have to cancel everytime. I don't need the utility anyway and am annoyed having to do this each time. Also, I don't want to delete it altogether. Does anyone know how I can disable the utility from starting up automatically?

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thalamus, you are so right! That worked just fine. No more wireless switch utility at startup. Thank you very much for your help, most appreciated.

You're welcome Rose, glad we got there in the end.. :slight_smile:

And a mention for you to e-support in a minute when I close my open case (they haven't been able to sort it yet).

I'm sure Sony E-support will be pleased that a Vaio user has solved the problem for them... :laughing:

r007
Visitor

Hi,

this worked for me (WSSU still runs, but w/o hassle at start-up):

As administrator click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools then click Task Scheduler..

Click Continue on the User Account Control window.

In task scheduler window you should see three sections, Overview of Task Scheduler, then below this Task Status and finally at the bottom Active tasks..

In task scheduler go to the bottom section of the centre column (called active tasks)

Double click WSSU and in the new window, on the right hand column, click on Properties

In the "General" tab, click on "Change User or Group". Under "Enter the object name to select" write "Administrator" and hit "Check Names". The entry will change to \Administrator. Hit "OK" and then again "OK" in the "WSSU Properties" window.

Now it works.

BR
--- Peter

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Peter, thanks for the info and welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile: