Join now - be part of our community!

Dual booting with Visata and XP

chaslie
Visitor

Dual booting with Visata and XP

I have an AR61ZU notebook, and I want to dual boot with XP, how do i go about find the drivers required for the raid array?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi chaslie and welcome to Club Vaio.

You will need the RAID/AHCI Software - Intel® Matrix Storage Manager (5615KB) from here - check it is compatible with your chipset: -

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=2101&OSFullName=Windows*+...

If the XP Install cannot recognise the hard discs, you may need the 32-bit Floppy Configuration Utility for Intel® Matrix Storage Manager (Download Number 2) and load this during the install either as a streamlined driver or by hitting F6 and loading from a floppy.

:wink:

chaslie
Visitor

Thanks for this, one final question do I need to use a floppy disk (I tried using my memory stick but it didn't seem to work.......)

carloscerros
Visitor

Hi chaslie,

As explained by Blencogo, a Floppy Disk is needed 'cause other external device will be NOK.
Take care because NOT ALL floppies disk are recognized !!!

chaslie
Visitor

thanks, got an external FDD, I can choose the drivers and select a partition to install XP, however the problem is now its asking for me to insert the Intel mass media storage device drivers, I've tried everything and it still won't get passed this.

The intel site is no help, any ideas????