Join now - be part of our community!

Motion Eye doesn't work / Installation fails

glowy
Visitor

Motion Eye doesn't work / Installation fails

Hi,

I'm a proud owner of the Sony Vaio VGN FZ-18M notebook which I bought last year. After some weeks of normal use, the integrated Sony webcam started not to work. I have already installed the drivers, the Utility Package and the Microsoft Hotfix, but I can not solve the problem which is really annoying and when I start the webcam now, there is just a blue window with a "NO INPUT" in it.

The main problem is that after starting the installation of the newest drivers (Camera Utility and Camera Capture Utility), nothing happens and there are no new directories. I can install the old versions correctly and the directories are created, but when I try to do this with the new versions, the installation fails after some seconds and the installation window closes without any information.

I would be very happy if you helped me, all my ideas did not help.

Best wishes,
glowy

2 REPLIES 2
glowy
Visitor

Nobody can help me? :slight_frown:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi glowy,

1. Is your camera driver installed properly? Go to Control Panel -> Device Manager. Expand 'Imaging Devices'. Is your Vaio Camera showing as installed and working correctly?

2. Do you have the latest version of 'VAIO Camera Utility' installed? Go to C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Camera Utility and click on 'Version.txt'. I think it should have Version 2.0.02.05140 installed on your model.

3. Do you have the latest version of 'VAIO Camera Capture Utility' installed? Go to C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Camera Capture Utility and click on 'Version.txt'. I think it should have Version 2.2.03.11150 installed on your model.

4. Have you installed Microsoft Hotfix Package KB931812? It is available for download from the AR31S downloads page.

5. What happens if you open All Programs -> VAIO Camera Capture Utility? Can you see yourself (UGHHH!) or do you get an error.

6. Have you set up your camera to work in Skype or MSN?

:thinking: